Q60 Color Combination - Infiniti Q60 Forum
View Poll Results: What color combination should I get??
Exterior: Silver / Interior: Black 5 71.43%
Exterior: Maj White (off-white) / Interior: Stone (cream) 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Question Q60 Color Combination

Help!!

What color combination should I get?? Here are my choices since I don't want to wait any longer:

1. exterior: Liquid Platinum (Silver)
interior: Black

2. exterior: Majestic White (off-white)
interior: Stone (creamish)

I've noticed that many folks don't like standard silver... why not? I originally wanted silver and red but I'm not getting a red sport so I can't get the red interior.... then I wanted silver and stone but that combination is very limited right now. My dealer has the two listed above so I may go ahead and just pull the trigger at this point. I wanted a lighter interior... I've had many black interiors already but I'm not 100 percent opposed to it... and I like the liquid platinum.

Anyway, I'm adding a poll. What are your thoughts?? Help! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRon82 View Post
Help!!

What color combination should I get?? Here are my choices since I don't want to wait any longer:

I've noticed that many folks don't like standard silver... why not? I originally wanted silver and red but I'm not getting a red sport so I can't get the red interior.... then I wanted silver and stone but that combination is very limited right now. My dealer has the two listed above so I may go ahead and just pull the trigger at this point. I wanted a lighter interior... I've had many black interiors already but I'm not 100 percent opposed to it... and I like the liquid platinum.

If you read my other post you will see that I stated that the white is HARD to maintain. Like you need to keep it clean smog free. The car is great for non highway/congested city driving. So if you live in suburbs this is good color as the smog spots wont show.
However if you have monthly wash plan like I do, I can get my car washed unlimited amount of times and its fine! (but i wonder if this damages paint...)

Silver is not metallic, or eye popping, it looks like paint, nothing special from what I seen in person. If you put a car side by side Silver with Graphite Grey you will see the Graphite grey will make the silver look like ehh.
Also the silver is lighter, so then the chrome on the car wont have enough contrast to make the details stand out.

When in doubt use a color wheel, its not just for cloths but also car design!
RandomRon82 likes this.

Last edited by jgomezjr2; 09-17-2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: typos
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 08:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Help!!

I love the white but as above it is very difficult to maintain. My son loved the silver and thought it really showed off the lines and curves. I went for Asgard Grey , which in Canada is a metallic option. See attached on the 3.0 that I test drove. I ordered it on my Red Sport ! I think it really shows off the chrome and red aspects without making them pop too much. One thing I will add, you MUST see the colors in person and make sure you see them in different lighting conditions , cloudy, night etc...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160910_122535.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	323.0 KB
ID:	794  
RandomRon82 likes this.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 09:15 AM

I would go with the Silver exterior and black interior. I plan to get the Graphite Shadow color, but silver looks awesome on this car and I tend to not like light colored interiors.
RandomRon82 and Snikt21 like this.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 09-19-2016 at 09:19 AM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:58 AM

I personally would go with the silver exterior and black interior as well. Something about off-white bothers me as I'll always feel that it's dirty. Just a personal issue for me I guess lol.

May I also add that I feel silver cars do get overlooked because they look too "common" in that colour but if you like it, by all means go for it !
RandomRon82 likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 11:08 AM

silver and black would be a good combo. lighter exterior colors goes great with darker interior and vice versa but, white interior would need a bit more care than other colors.
RandomRon82 likes this.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 12:17 AM

Among the two options, Majestic white is my pick. However, to decide the colour with the interior combinations mentioned above, my vote is for Silver exterior with Graphite interior.

On a side note, @RandomRon82, when is your dealer expecting new shipment of the Q60s?
If the waiting period is not much... New lot opens up to more combinations to choose from.
I'm sure you must have given some thought to it.
Just wondering from my end.

But hey, if you're fine with the two options given by the dealer, I'm happy for you mate.
Good luck and Congrats in advance!
RandomRon82 likes this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
silver and black would be a good combo. lighter exterior colors goes great with darker interior and vice versa but, white interior would need a bit more care than other colors.
Lol a bit is an understatement !
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hi!....... I would have posted sooner but I've been ultra busy... but just wanted to let you know that I picked up my Liquid Platinum/graphite Q60 3.0t premium plus, awd yesterday and I could not be more thrilled. I'm in love with it!!! I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Hi!....... I would have posted sooner but I've been ultra busy... but just wanted to let you know that I picked up my Liquid Platinum/graphite Q60 3.0t premium plus, awd yesterday and I could not be more thrilled. I'm in love with it!!! I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
Congrats on the car and nice decision on the color combo!
RandomRon82 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page