Bose Performance Series - Infiniti Q60 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Bose Performance Series

Does anyone have a review on the Bose Performance Series audio system in their new Q60? Love the audio system in my G37S convertible. Waiting for my new Q60 and curious on the improvement if any.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 05:02 PM

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Awesome,thank you!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 07:14 PM

I still want to hear it myself. That's one of my biggest gripes of the Q50

2012 G37S Coupe- Slammed on Work T1S Wheels. Litespeed Titanium Exhaust- Megan Coilovers-
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I since received my Q60 RS400 and I am extremely happy with the BOSE audio system. Definite upgrade over the G37 system.
InfinitiFreak likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 07:45 PM

Really? I like my Bose in my 37... What makes the new Bose stand out?

2012 G37S Coupe- Slammed on Work T1S Wheels. Litespeed Titanium Exhaust- Megan Coilovers-
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 08:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismgillis View Post
I since received my Q60 RS400 and I am extremely happy with the BOSE audio system. Definite upgrade over the G37 system.

I just went from an S4 and the B&O to an RS 400 with the Bose. The Bose is far superior. Better sound , more power and clearer. By far the best sound system I have ever heard in a vehicle.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt21 View Post
I just went from an S4 and the B&O to an RS 400 with the Bose. The Bose is far superior. Better sound , more power and clearer. By far the best sound system I have ever heard in a vehicle.

Please do not forget, that not only do you HEAR the music, they made the system so that you feel it on your legs and shoulder/head. The surround sound center stage makes a huge diffrience (really go on your settings turn it off and on, and I bet you will go "woah " "software can do that?!")
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 01:40 PM

I just signed up and started a thread in the New Members sections, but I'll add to this thread in case anyone finds it helpful.

Some background first I guess. I've been a professional audio mixer for over 20 years in NYC. I rarely spend too much money on sound systems because I could spend $10,000 and still not have what I'm used to hearing everyday so why bother haha. It's a sad joke in my business. I do love good sound in a car of course though. In the 90s I had a custom system installed in an IROC, but since then I haven't bothered going that route.

I currently have a 2007 G35x and for a stock system, I love it. Nowadays, Infiniti likes to say it's like being in the front row of a concert, but in 2007 it was something like Studio on Wheels. I've read many negative reviews on the Studio on Wheels systems, but at least in 2007 I think it was a perfect description. It might not have been bright enough for some, or maybe not thumping enough for others - basically not HiFi enough for a lot of people which I totally understand, but I felt it was a very good representation of flat studio monitors. I can throw mixes at that car and it will feel fairly "true".

That being said, last year I almost bought a Q50, but I again read reviews on the Bose system that weren't that great, so I went to a dealer with a playlist of a wide variety of 15 songs and asked to sit in a car by myself and listen. I spent close to an hour doing that with the different DSP settings on and off. I was so turned off by the sound regardless of settings that I decided to keep my G. For me, the 2016 and earlier Q50s simply sound terrible. I started to consider buying preowned and dedicating a large chunk of change to a full aftermarket install. I gave up on that though and waited.

Then the Q60 was released. My last kid is almost out of the house and I can go back to driving a coupe - plus I heard it was a brand new Bose Performance Series system. So I had to have a go at it. I think I spent more time listening to it in the parking lot than I did test driving it, which I'm sure many will find ridiculous haha. Anyway, even though I spent around 20 minutes listening to it, all I actually needed was 10 seconds. It was immediately noticeable that it sounded better than my G and made the past Q50s sound like a toy. I don't like messing with treble or bass so I had them all flat, though in a perfect world I'd have an EQ in any car and tweak it with the correct software and mic. It sounded big, loud, fairly true and just great in general with low distortion. I didn't even mind the DSP settings on nearly as much as I did in the Q50, which I thought just made a poor sound system even worse. I was really impressed with the Q60's Performance Series and have no want at all to spend more money on a custom system. I put down a deposit last night on a Q60 and can't wait to be rocking' down the road in it.
Aaron Lin, jgomezjr2 and Krazy8 like this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I must say all these reviews have really got me excited to listen to the system myself before I make a final decision. My Q60 (G37 after the name change) had a decently balanced system although the bass felt a little hollow to me, while the Q50 hybrid we had for a little while sounded like crap (nothing good about that system imo and I loathed it while loving the lane keep systems). My GTR has a $10k system with professional grade JL components, subs, amp and a RF line out and when balanced properly; it is heaven but expensive as heck to fix & recalibrate when even a single speaker goes out or the LOC dies.

I want a good OEM system, similar to Lexus' ML system and everything you guys have been saying makes me feel like Infiniti finally got it right. I am like a kid waiting for Santa.....can't wait to listen to the system for myself

Thank you everyone for your feedback....not many reviewers focus on the audio quality of a system so I appreciate you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page