Buyers remorse??? - Infiniti Q60 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Buyers remorse???

I have a 2017 Q60 2.0t and slowly but surely i haven't gotten more and more disappointed with it. i was wondering if anyone else is feeling the same? Don't get me wrong the car is good but its just that good nothing else stands out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 06:28 PM

The 2.0t was way too slow for my tastes. Just didn't have enough acceleration to put a smile on my face. Perhaps you should look into tuning yours to see if you can squeeze some more hp out of the 2.0t. I remember when I used to own a car that lacked acceleration and how miserable I eventually became driving it after a while, so I understand how you feel.

As for myself, other than the inTouch system lacking many features I had in my previous vehicle and the lack of storage in the car, I don't regret getting my Q60 3.0t at all. I plan on getting mine tuned to be closer to the RS 400's power output early next year as well.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 06:32 PM

Garage
RS 400 since October and love it more and more each day.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyQ View Post
The 2.0t was way too slow for my tastes. Just didn't have enough acceleration to put a smile on my face. Perhaps you should look into tuning yours to see if you can squeeze some more hp out of the 2.0t. I remember when I used to own a car that lacked acceleration and how miserable I eventually became driving it after a while, so I understand how you feel.

As for myself, other than the inTouch system lacking many features I had in my previous vehicle and the lack of storage in the car, I don't regret getting my Q60 3.0t at all. I plan on getting mine tuned to be closer to the RS 400's power output early next year as well.
My major issues are the horrendous back up camera,lack of ambience light and lack of features like apple car play or simply pandora. Also my auto start/stop alternates when the car is in park so like 15 seconds on 15 seconds off and so forth and finally my sunroof closes automatically when it wants when it doesn't it'll close half way then open and then i have to hold the button till it closes. Dealer says the Start/stop is normal(in my old car it would just stay on if the car was in park ) and the sunroof didn't act up when they test drove it.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_nathan View Post
My major issues are the horrendous back up camera,lack of ambience light and lack of features like apple car play or simply pandora. Also my auto start/stop alternates when the car is in park so like 15 seconds on 15 seconds off and so forth and finally my sunroof closes automatically when it wants when it doesn't it'll close half way then open and then i have to hold the button till it closes. Dealer says the Start/stop is normal(in my old car it would just stay on if the car was in park ) and the sunroof didn't act up when they test drove it.
Try getting a backward facing dash cam that will record the inside of the cabin. Then wait for the sunroof issue to occur. After it happens once, see if you can't catch it again so you have at least 2 instances recorded. Watch both and see if you did anything specific that may have triggered it....I'm thinking you didn't and that it's an improperly grounded cable or a short of some kind that's sending the wrong electrical impulses to the module that controls the sunroof.

Anyhow, you'll have video evidence to show the dealer and to open a case with Infiniti via the Infiniti Customer Assistance line. If this is a lease, you may not be able to get much for your troubles, but if you purchased the car, you may be able to file as Lemon after 3 times at the dealer or 30 days in the shop (best to read up on Florida's exact Lemon Law requirements).

Regarding the rear camera, Infiniti is still using the older set of cameras so they aren't as good as the newest ones. As such, there may not be much you can do unless the issue with the camera is not the quality but something wrong in the settings which you could try to adjust or get the dealer to adjust (contrast, positioning, etc).

If worse comes to worse, go down to South beach...leave the car running and the keys in your pocket and stand close by with the car unlocked...j/k. . Please don't do this...
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
@testrage Thanks for the help! haha definitely not ������
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 01:45 AM

You can buy an aftermarket Android module that works on the Q50 which doesn't require any wire cutting that will allow you to access Pandora, install apps and games, and so on. Or you can even get a device that will mirror your phone's display onto the screen. I haven't taken the plunge yet on one of these solutions but it's definitely on my to do list for next year.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 10:57 AM

you can probably wire a bit of ambiance lighting into the Q60, most likely the foot well area so the wires aren't as visible.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyQ View Post

I am near NYC area, if you are around please post when you do find out on a possible piggy back to increase PSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_nathan View Post
YES YES YES I fricken saved a google calendar to respond to this very statement. I f*Kin hate the backup camera, my girlfriends honda 2011 is so much better, and my bmw 528 2012 is AMAZING clear.

I do not understand HOW they could allow such sh*T allowed into a modern 2017 car.

I am done ranting
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgomezjr2 View Post
I am near NYC area, if you are around please post when you do find out on a possible piggy back to increase PSI!
Are you in the fb Infiniti Q50/Q60 group by any chance? There's a guy on there that's tweaked the ECU supposedly to put out red sport levels of boost or more than it I believe. I think the Q60 he was working on has downpipes and a CBE but that's probably a good place to find someone who can program the ECU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page