Best tint film? - Infiniti Q60 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Best tint film?

I know that some owners have already commented here and there on what they went with in terms of tint. However, I'd like to get a thread going talking about the pinnacle of auto tint (dont think there is a thread out on just tints). With that being said, lets get a discussion going on what everyone is going with or what they are thinking of going with.

From my initial research, these brands seem to come up the most as the window tint creme de la creme:

-Huper Optik
-FormulaOne LLumar Pinnacle
-3M

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I've got experience with both 3M & now LLumar. I can't speak to LLumar's longevity (since it's only been a month or so) but I can say that I've had no issues with the look or post install curing/setting (this includes the clear tint on the front windshield).

3M is also good although I found that the non-metallic & non-ceramic tint (while it held up well over time) did start to show signs of aging (not by bubbling, discoloring or peeling) but in the sense that light coming through it seemed to refract quite a bit more over time (this was after more than 4 years in the hot TN sun). This extended light refraction at night could be irritating and distracting. However, I would not hesitate to get 3M tint again.

My current installer felt that 3M tint thickness is not as well regulated (in production) as LLumar's tint. So he sticks with LLumar. Both do come with pretty good warranties. I think the 3M warranty is better (I was told lifetime for 3M and 5yrs for the LLumar by my installers).

My 2c

TL;DR - You can't go wrong with whichever you choose as long as you have a reputable installer who has been around for a while and doesn't look like they are going out of business.

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomro View Post
I know that some owners have already commented here and there on what they went with in terms of tint. However, I'd like to get a thread going talking about the pinnacle of auto tint (dont think there is a thread out on just tints). With that being said, lets get a discussion going on what everyone is going with or what they are thinking of going with.

From my initial research, these brands seem to come up the most as the window tint creme de la creme:

-Huper Optik
-FormulaOne LLumar Pinnacle
-3M

Any thoughts?
None of those. I'd go with Suntek or Xpel. I currently have Xpel nano ceramic and love it!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for chiming in fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 06:08 PM

Garage
I had LLumar Formula One Tint install on all 5 windows. Due to my bad night vision I could not go darker then 35% all around. I do like the look of all windows the same even if it is a little light for some. Will have to see how it preforms as time goes on. My son-in-law has had the same tint on his truck for over a year and he still loves it.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Can anyone else share what brand they went with?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 12:06 PM

Garage
35% 3M ceramic here. Went with darkest legal tint. Also, just in case some do not know, apparently the metallic tints interfere with cell phone reception. This is why I went with ceramic.

Had Llumar on a previous Audi A5 with no issues either. Think you can't go wrong with either of those.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 01:05 PM

I've only used Llumar brand since I started driving (1991 & 1997 Sentras). I owned both cars for 10 years before selling them. Not a hint of film fade nor peeling off. Cars were not garage-kept and the film was subjected to several extreme summer heat, if that helps. Finding a very good/experienced installer is half the battle already.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 05:54 PM

3M as Morpheus mentions above and has been working and holding up great!

- Omenx
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 02:24 AM

got Huper Optik Nano-ceramic 35 up front 5 for the rears. BOMB DOT COM with 75% heat rejection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page