2018 Q60 Black S - Any new info? - Infiniti Q60 Forum
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2018 Q60 Black S - Any new info?

Wondering if there has been any recent information released regarding the future release of the Q60 Black S such as possible release date and pricing. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------
2015 Infiniti Q50s AWD
Hagane Blue
Non-Hybrid
Hydraulic steering (Non-DAS)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:49 AM

No information as far as pricing. At the unveil presentation they stated they would need a little time to tweak and test it. I am expecting it in 2019 as a 2020 model.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 12:12 PM

My understanding is that it will be released in 2018 as a 2019 model, or at least that's their current target. I'm expecting it to be a 2020 model when the new GTR is released that way they bump its horsepower up as well and it remains at the top of the food chain.

2010 G37X - Gone
'17 Q60 RS

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 12:42 PM

Garage
Is there anything in this thread that isn't pure speculation though? I'm pretty sure Infiniti hasn't even actually confirmed that all the specs were finalized or that they were anywhere close to a production-ready drivetrain to accommodate the hybrid engine...

I'd love to see the Black S get made as soon as 2019 or 2020 but is there any actual, concrete info from Infiniti besides the unveiling to gauge interest?
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Is there anything in this thread that isn't pure speculation though? I'm pretty sure Infiniti hasn't even actually confirmed that all the specs were finalized or that they were anywhere close to a production-ready drivetrain to accommodate the hybrid engine...

I'd love to see the Black S get made as soon as 2019 or 2020 but is there any actual, concrete info from Infiniti besides the unveiling to gauge interest?
I've been told by someone who works at a dealership that the Infiniti trainers have talked about it and that its green lit for production.

2010 G37X - Gone
'17 Q60 RS
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Gauthier-Wiebe View Post
I've been told by someone who works at a dealership that the Infiniti trainers have talked about it and that its green lit for production.
Green lit for production sounds promising. Just a matter of seeing something official come out at this point.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Gauthier-Wiebe View Post
Lol, we had similar grumblings with the Eau Rouge so i'm definitely not holding my breath when the source is just someone at a single dealership...been burned before.
Prestige likes this.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thx for the replies all. My lease on my current Q50s AWD ends mid-2018 so looking forward to seeing what Infiniti will have outfor the Q60 line at that time. Also looking at the Q60 Red Sport or Q60s AWD as a possibility for next car. No DAS/Hybrid for me though lol.

2015 Infiniti Q50s AWD
Hagane Blue
Non-Hybrid
Hydraulic steering (Non-DAS)
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Panda View Post
No DAS/Hybrid for me though lol.
Lol...wouldn't this eliminate a Q60 Black S as a potential replacement as it will be a hybridized?

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design| Passion Red | B&W PSS| Climate Pkg| Convenience Pkg| Vision Pkg| 4-Corner AS| 22" Diamond Cut Wheels| Integrated Booster Seat - Wife's Car
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 02:28 PM

If you have the time, ask around at your local dealership, speaking to a tech would be ideal. When going for training sometimes techs get inside information on future developments. What they see through service manuals often provide hints of that.

Keep us posted if you get any answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page