How Do You Deal With Blind Spot? - Infiniti Q60 Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
How Do You Deal With Blind Spot?

Hello from a new Q60 owner.

My Q60 doesn't have a driver assistance package. I really love those fancy tech but they cost too high :<
I'm not sure if shoulder check is enough for this coupe, especially when there's copilot.

How do you guys check blind spot? Should i just install a blind spot system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:01 AM

Why should it be any different in this vehicle? The new technology shouldn't impact the basic safety guidelines of a car. Checking blind spots should be done even with the Blind Spot Assist, especially because small vehicles like motorcycles will not always trip the system if they're not in view of the radar. It's a nice feature to have, but no one should ever be fully reliant on it.

Check twice for motorcycles!
Garnoch and MajDuty like this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I never rely on the blind spot assistance even though I have it. Position your mirrors correctly and you won't have an issue with blind spots. You can also get those little add on blind spot mirrors if you are really concerned that your mirror setup doesn't eliminate the blind spot. Btw, if you can see your car in your side mirrors, then you should try a different mirror set up.

Folks have been driving for ages without blind spot assist packages and other gizmos like that...the tech is there to improve safety and decrease the chances of an incident occurring. But people were just fine before it
Garnoch and Bevo Horn like this.

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:56 AM

Same here and exactly right. I'm actually pleased with the visibility in the Q60 in general. I do have the tech and enjoy it, but I still check all my mirrors and windows.
testrage and Bevo Horn like this.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 01:29 PM

Be glad you didn't get a Camaro.

Take heart, by the time you replace the car, I suspect BSW will be almost standard.

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 03:20 PM

1. Congrats on the car and Welcome
2. What testrage said
3. What Sinecure said
4. Coming from a 370Z, the Q60 has no blind spot issues!!!
Bevo Horn likes this.

1974 260Z 2+2..Original owner
1989 Maxima SE...Gone
1990 300ZX NA...Gone
1990 300 ZX TT...Gone
2002 Infiniti Q45
2009 370Z...Gone
2017 Infiniti Q60 RS400 AWD
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I've got my side mirrors set where I don't have a blind spot. I've not been surprised by another vehicle yet. One reason why I bought the Q60 was because of driver visibility.
Z74Q60 likes this.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:55 AM

Perhaps some day everyone will adopt the blind spot camera that is typically used in the Honda vehicles, such as the Accord coupe. When you turn on the right side turn signal, the camera built into the passenger side view mirror send the video to one of the LCD screens in the dashboard. If you search the aftermarket, you can find combination surround/blind spot systems where turn signal lever directs either side view mirror camera image to the dashboard video screen. These kits really don't cost that much, but the manufacturers will charge a small fortune, if these systems are adopted. The typical backup camera usually adds $500-$1000 to the purchase price, when the parts only cost about $100.
testrage likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroymd View Post
Perhaps some day everyone will adopt the blind spot camera that is typically used in the Honda vehicles, such as the Accord coupe. When you turn on the right side turn signal, the camera built into the passenger side view mirror send the video to one of the LCD screens in the dashboard. If you search the aftermarket, you can find combination surround/blind spot systems where turn signal lever directs either side view mirror camera image to the dashboard video screen. These kits really don't cost that much, but the manufacturers will charge a small fortune, if these systems are adopted. The typical backup camera usually adds $500-$1000 to the purchase price, when the parts only cost about $100.
Had a 2014 Accord Coupe with this feature...it was awesome. I especially loved that you could switch on that camera view at any time while driving. Especially helped if someone seemed to be hovering around your passenger side quarter panel while weaving in their lane.

I would personally love to have the ability to cycle through all my camera views regardless of the speed.

Btw, I really like your avatar

Red when moderating
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:26 PM

Avatar?????? What avatar? Maybe I just look grumpy because I have three exhaust systems for my RS400.
Omenx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page