My Midnight Black RS - Infiniti Q60 Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
My Midnight Black RS

Graphite, premium plus, illuminated kicks, cargo.
Picked it up Friday at 3pm, and had it looking like this by 8pm Sat night. If the red-on-red is the RAGE Edition, I guess mine is the STEALTH Edition.
Cloudy grey day. Paint is total color change. In the sunlight it sparkles silvers and blues. At dusk it just looks Obsidian, even when you are right up on it you cant see the flake in the paint. Today in these shots its like a dark, dark grey with no flake in sight. Pretty cool.
Now to figure out the exhaust and what the **** I'm going to do with my front plate.

I did manage to get one nice shot of the Midnight at the dealership when the sun was shining. That's not dirt or dust, its the flake.

I'll throw-up some more shots up when the rain stops and the sun is out.
Garnoch likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I guess i don't know how to post pics. My bad.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 05:59 PM

Congrats!! I need to see those pics though
Qx4Cor likes this.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
That's an interesting color. It looks good. Did you plasti-dip the chrome?

Also, just noticed the subtle debadge. I like that even more. Was thinking about doing the exact same kind of debadging and you've given me a good look at what it would look like. Thanks

Last edited by testrage; 11-20-2016 at 06:04 PM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Last edited by Qx4Cor; 11-20-2016 at 07:06 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrage View Post
That's an interesting color. It looks good. Did you plasti-dip the chrome?

Also, just noticed the subtle debadge. I like that even more. Was thinking about doing the exact same kind of debadging and you've given me a good look at what it would look like. Thanks
Yes, I dipped it yesterday. Thought about having it all done in vinyl, but have a budget for mods and want an exhaust badly. I've worked with plasti before on a few projects, including my 2011 g37xs coupe and sons 2011 g sedan, so I felt pretty confident. Wasn't looking to murder it, just tone it down. I still wanted some of the accents, while getting rid of others. So I went straight black on the window trim. I never liked the kink, so now it's gone. I covered the entire fog surround (all of the black plastic) and rear bumper vents and reflectors in black as well, and shot a super light layer of silver mettalizer onto them to match the paint a bit. Funny thing is, when there's no sunlight, and the paint looks just gloss, these areas still sparkle a bit. I'll drive it for the week and if it bugs me, peel it and just go black. Finally I did the grill surround, fender vents, top of the mirror caps, little sliver on the door handle, and rear diffuser in dark grey. I hit every thing with gloss top coat. First time I've used their "glossifier". Put down one coat. Looks like a nice satin/semi-gloss, which is what I wanted. I'll see what it looks like in the sun. I debadged everything. The rear mt. Fugi is oem QX56, which is obviously a little larger. I wanted it centered, and when you just take off the words, it sits a little high for my taste.
I like it. Now need a little roar when I punch it.
testrage and Garnoch like this.

Last edited by Qx4Cor; 11-20-2016 at 08:08 PM.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 09:38 PM

This looks great I've been waiting to see one here.

I've bought a midnight black redsport with red interior (you can only get a redsport MB with red or white in Canada for some reason) I'd prefer graphite interior too. I'm still waiting for mine for about a month so far.

I was planning on doing the exact same debadge and plasti dip mods - great minds think alike I guess haha. I may leave the window trim chrome and the lower reflectors red however - haven't decided yet.

Awesome that I can see what my car will look like while I'm waiting to actually get mine.

You seem like you mod with a similar "clean appeal" with very subtle changes which is similar to my style - I look forward to see what else you do to it.

Congrats on the new car!

Last edited by JEFFOS; 11-20-2016 at 09:46 PM.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 09:00 AM

Congrats! Color looks awesome!
Qx4Cor likes this.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qx4Cor View Post
Yes, I dipped it yesterday. Thought about having it all done in vinyl, but have a budget for mods and want an exhaust badly. I've worked with plasti before on a few projects, including my 2011 g37xs coupe and sons 2011 g sedan, so I felt pretty confident. Wasn't looking to murder it, just tone it down. I still wanted some of the accents, while getting rid of others. So I went straight black on the window trim. I never liked the kink, so now it's gone. I covered the entire fog surround (all of the black plastic) and rear bumper vents and reflectors in black as well, and shot a super light layer of silver mettalizer onto them to match the paint a bit. Funny thing is, when there's no sunlight, and the paint looks just gloss, these areas still sparkle a bit. I'll drive it for the week and if it bugs me, peel it and just go black. Finally I did the grill surround, fender vents, top of the mirror caps, little sliver on the door handle, and rear diffuser in dark grey. I hit every thing with gloss top coat. First time I've used their "glossifier". Put down one coat. Looks like a nice satin/semi-gloss, which is what I wanted. I'll see what it looks like in the sun. I debadged everything. The rear mt. Fugi is oem QX56, which is obviously a little larger. I wanted it centered, and when you just take off the words, it sits a little high for my taste.
I like it. Now need a little roar when I punch it.

I like it. Do you have a p/n by any chance for the larger emblem on the back? I've used the glossifier in the past and was pleased with the results. I think I went with a double coat when I used it and it looked pretty good imo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page