AutoWeek Test Drives The Q60 Red Sport - Infiniti Q60 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By TenthBit

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
AutoWeek Test Drives The Q60 Red Sport

Infiniti’s Q60 Red Sport has been available to potential customers for a while now and AutoWeek finally had a chance to test drive one, but less than ideal weather conditions may have affected the three editors’ reviews.

One area they can all agree on is the Q60’s gorgeous looks, calling it the “best-looking Infiniti by far”. Garnering praises from the trio of testers was the Q60’s curvaceous shape, cool trim at the base of the C-pillar, front fenders vents and a host of other exterior features. Tying the whole package together are the car’s rims and small wheel.

One gripe Wesley Wren had with the Q60’s design involves the stacked media-system touchscreens, which can be hard to navigate for new owners as he kept setting random points on the map as his destination.

Though they didn’t get to verify in person the claimed 5-second 0-60 time, the 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 still impressed them with its nice and smooth power delivery.

Wes Raynal turned it into a fast, lag-free and controllable cruiser by playing around with the drive mode selector. Those modes were most likely Eco and Snow as Jake Lingeman found them to be smoother compared to sport and/or sport plus modes, which were said to deliver twitchy steering and throttle response.

Though the Q60 may not be their first choice, “for anyone trying to look cool and have some fun on the road, this is a good choice.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:20 PM

Garage
I like their input on the drive modes. I find that I am almost always in Sport or Sport+ because the Standard setting for the suspension just feels too spongy. Does anyone else feel that way? There are times when I drive rougher roads when, after a slight dip, the car bounces a couple of times - very reminiscent of my '83 Buick LeSabre. I Just think they could have kept it soft without making it bouncy. My '14 Q60 (to me anyway) was a perfect marriage of sporty but not jarring.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenthBit View Post
I like their input on the drive modes. I find that I am almost always in Sport or Sport+ because the Standard setting for the suspension just feels too spongy. Does anyone else feel that way?
Nope, mine is firm even in ECO mode.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo Horn View Post
Nope, mine is firm even in ECO mode.
Hm. Maybe I am too sensitive. lol
Coahman likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 06:33 PM

Garage
My suspension is pretty firm even on Standard mode. Might be because of the low mileage so far... BTW, I wish Infiniti would send some none-DAS equipped cars to these reviewers. I know they want to sell the DAS package but just about everyone of these reviews complain about it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:48 PM

I find that I am always Sport Plus mod. I find that when I am in eco mode and I down shift to kick it up, I get this hesitation stumble that feels like an Audi. Wondering if I should take it in and dealer to look at it?

- Omenx
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 12:48 AM

It's obvious from the remarks they didn't dig just a bit deeper in the settings and set it up right for them. Shame.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenthBit View Post
I like their input on the drive modes. I find that I am almost always in Sport or Sport+ because the Standard setting for the suspension just feels too spongy. Does anyone else feel that way? There are times when I drive rougher roads when, after a slight dip, the car bounces a couple of times - very reminiscent of my '83 Buick LeSabre. I Just think they could have kept it soft without making it bouncy. My '14 Q60 (to me anyway) was a perfect marriage of sporty but not jarring.
I definitely don't feel that way at all. Even in Standard mode I feel that the car rides pretty rough. I'd enjoy a softer "Standard" suspension and then the same firmness for the "Sport" mode. To each its own
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanfarmar View Post
I definitely don't feel that way at all. Even in Standard mode I feel that the car rides pretty rough. I'd enjoy a softer "Standard" suspension and then the same firmness for the "Sport" mode. To each its own
I'm with you. I like Sport/Sport+ for how it firms up the suspension but I honestly wish the "Standard/Eco" mode suspension was softer and more pliable. It's not too firm but firmer than I would like in a luxury cruiser which is what I consider the Q60.

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page