Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Text nessages on Iphone 7 not connecting

25K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Delphic 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem?
When my Iphone 7 is connected to my Q60, the text message feature doesn't work. If my friend connects his Samsung Galaxy, then the text message system works? He gets a prompt on his phone to activate it. I don't get a prompt?

Any help would be awesome.

#5 ·
On my 14 Q50 I had it working for about 9 months. Then I got a new iPhone and it never worked again. I gave up since it is pretty worthless because you cannot respond via inTouch. That is a limitation of iOS, not inTouch.

There is a lot more info about inTouch and its operation at the sister forum for Q50s Q50 In Touch - Infiniti Q50 Forum

Reactions: Nigel
#10 ·
Ok so I tried it again. Show notifications was on in my Bluetooth iPhone 7. The car was running and I shut it off as well as my iphone. I restarted my phone then the car. Whent into Bluetooth and saw show notifications was off again. Turned it it on and it worked. Not sure if if the show notifications on the iPhone keeps defaulting to the off mode? Will try again in the morning.

#12 ·
Can't send texts only receive???

So in my Q60 I can receive texts through the car system on my iPhone6 but I cannot reply even using the canned messages they offer. So I tried to use the voice recognition system to "Send Text" and it brings up the menu of canned messages (useless btw) but when I send it to my chosen mobile number, it comes back to say it can't be sent. So I checked with my dealership and the "tech guy" told me it is because it is an iPhone and Steve Jobs built a closed system and that's the reason we can't send texts!!! What gives? I can receive but not send? If this is the case, the tech in this car is absolute crap. Any insights or solutions anyone other than picking up my phone and doing it manually? (kind of defeats the safety issue!)

#13 ·
Get a Windows Phone, it works great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.