Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

AutoWeek Test Drives The Q60 Red Sport

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  testrage 
#1 ·

Infiniti’s Q60 Red Sport has been available to potential customers for a while now and AutoWeek finally had a chance to test drive one, but less than ideal weather conditions may have affected the three editors’ reviews.

One area they can all agree on is the Q60’s gorgeous looks, calling it the “best-looking Infiniti by far”. Garnering praises from the trio of testers was the Q60’s curvaceous shape, cool trim at the base of the C-pillar, front fenders vents and a host of other exterior features. Tying the whole package together are the car’s rims and small wheel.

One gripe Wesley Wren had with the Q60’s design involves the stacked media-system touchscreens, which can be hard to navigate for new owners as he kept setting random points on the map as his destination.

Though they didn’t get to verify in person the claimed 5-second 0-60 time, the 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 still impressed them with its nice and smooth power delivery.

Wes Raynal turned it into a fast, lag-free and controllable cruiser by playing around with the drive mode selector. Those modes were most likely Eco and Snow as Jake Lingeman found them to be smoother compared to sport and/or sport plus modes, which were said to deliver twitchy steering and throttle response.

Though the Q60 may not be their first choice, “for anyone trying to look cool and have some fun on the road, this is a good choice.”

See less See more
#2 ·
I like their input on the drive modes. I find that I am almost always in Sport or Sport+ because the Standard setting for the suspension just feels too spongy. Does anyone else feel that way? There are times when I drive rougher roads when, after a slight dip, the car bounces a couple of times - very reminiscent of my '83 Buick LeSabre. I Just think they could have kept it soft without making it bouncy. My '14 Q60 (to me anyway) was a perfect marriage of sporty but not jarring.

#5 ·
My suspension is pretty firm even on Standard mode. Might be because of the low mileage so far... BTW, I wish Infiniti would send some none-DAS equipped cars to these reviewers. I know they want to sell the DAS package but just about everyone of these reviews complain about it.

#6 ·
I find that I am always Sport Plus mod. I find that when I am in eco mode and I down shift to kick it up, I get this hesitation stumble that feels like an Audi. Wondering if I should take it in and dealer to look at it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.