4Likes
  • 1 Post By Garnoch
  • 2 Post By SpeedyQ
  • 1 Post By rcnacura

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Future CarPlay/Android Auto Support

I've read this before but couldn't remember where nor could I find it, but I just read an Australian Q60 2.0t review posted a couple days ago that says this...

"The increasingly common Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are both absent, but Infiniti assures us it’s working on it."

Because I had read that before, I had really hoped they were going to announce support in the Q60. Oh well, but I have read the Q60 system is built to be upgradable, so my hope is that we see this option as an upgrade rather than it just being announced simply for a future car.

Here's the article...
2017 Infiniti Q60 2.0t GT review | CarAdvice
The_Dark_Nayak likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 08:51 PM

I was interested in CarPlay - until I realized I'd have to plug my phone in.

No thank you. Not taking my phone out of my pocket every time I get in my car just to connect it for that.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 09:34 PM

Haven't seen it in Nissan vehicles, so I'm assuming it will be awhile to we see it in Infiniti lineup

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm not sure about Android Auto, but CarPlay is already in the Nissan Maxima. Also, CarPlay can be wireless if the car maker wants it that way, but BMW is the only one offering it wirelessly right now. I'm a stickler for sound quality, plus I like using travel time to keep my phone charged, so I plug mine in anyway.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 10:42 AM

If Infiniti is working on it, maybe all the Q60 needs is a patch in the future to enable Carplay and Android Auto. You'd think it'd be standard these days with how many manufacturers are adding the features as standard.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 03:56 PM

You guys are going to have to take the aftermarket route for now if you're trying to get enhanced features like this into the Q60. There are clean plug and play Android units available out there for the Q50 that can be installed and completely concealed (which I mentioned in another thread) which don't involve cutting into any wires and won't affect warranty or anything. They are infinitely better than our Infiniti inTouch systems as you can install apps/games/etc just like on your smartphone/tablet. Don't know if anyone has tested them on a Q60 yet but the interface of both car models look identical so I'd be surprised if they don't work on the Q60.
rcnacura and liquidq60 like this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyQ View Post
You guys are going to have to take the aftermarket route for now if you're trying to get enhanced features like this into the Q60. There are clean plug and play Android units available out there for the Q50 that can be installed and completely concealed (which I mentioned in another thread) which don't involve cutting into any wires and won't affect warranty or anything. They are infinitely better than our Infiniti inTouch systems as you can install apps/games/etc just like on your smartphone/tablet. Don't know if anyone has tested them on a Q60 yet but the interface of both car models look identical so I'd be surprised if they don't work on the Q60.
I have the same android system in my Audi and its the best car unit add-on hands down. The ability to use any music service and Waze is amazing. Connect an obd2 reader and you have any engine systems gauge possible using torque or the equivalent. Use Automate as the front end and almost never touch the stock system.

Was hoping Nissan would get on the ball faster with it. At this price point its almost expected... Along with a dual clutch transmission, air cooled seats.

Garnoch likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Not only won't I have CarPlay, but Infiniti also doesn't have "Siri Eyes Free" of course, where you can hold down the voice button on the steering wheel to select Siri rather than pushing it for the in-car voice system. So I'm setting up my own with the iBolt Bluetooth Command Remote for iPhone. When Hey Siri was released I thought it would solve my issues in the car but of course the phone can't hear you over all the heavy metal blasting. What was I thinking? Plus I wanted an easy way to simply pause my music, and the steering wheel select button doesn't seem to do that by default. This bluetooth home button seems to solve both issues for me, and I'll probably attach it on the backside of the steering wheel behind the other controls.

By default, if you press it once it will pause music and if you hold it down, it will access Siri just like if you were holding down the actual home button on the phone. It will also skip forward and back with two or three clicks, but I won't have a need for that with the built in controls on the steering wheel. It was easy to pair and works like a charm. I temporarily have it in my G until my Q60 shows up in a couple weeks.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 01:57 AM

Your only option, because Infiniti is late to the game, is adding the android "stereo" system if Google is your mobile choice. It allows you to use any android app. Currently is no Apple solution other than BT or cable.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 08:59 PM

I bet carplay won't be available till mid year model refresh in the Q60. The car will stay the same for a min of 2 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page