Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Infiniti Q60 Heads-Up Display (HUD)

30K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  infinitifanatic 
#1 ·
BMW has had this technology ever since they introduced the E60 BMW 5-series, haven't seen an Infiniti with heads-up display. Since Infiniti is working on the G37 coupe successor, they have a chance to include HUD, hopefully they do!

See less See more
#2 ·
Even cadillac has been there and done that with the HUD system projecting the tachometer and speed on the windshield. This will be an improvement and promote safer driving as the eyes are more engaged on the road. This feature is usually on the higher end luxury models which the Q60 is so i cant see why they wont do that. Does it cost that much for them to throw it in as a standard feature. Cadillacs had this for a while now in thir DTS and som other models.

#3 ·
thats strange how infiniti never thought of including this feature to there vehicles. It would help the driver a lot more to keep attention on the roads where it should be most of the time. Another cool idea would be to project an image of the rear view with a camera. now if that were to happen now the driver can focus on driving.

#4 ·
unlike BMW and Mercedes, Infiniti never had the type of flagship sedan to put this technology in years ago, I believe HUD started in the 7 series and S-Class before it made it's way down to cheaper BMW and Benz vehicles. at least Acura isn't doing it, if they were, that would make Infiniti look bad.

#14 ·
If it is any car infiniti will be putting the Hud system in this one will more than likely be the one. Even for the M I don't think has the hud system yet. If this essence ever makes it to production there will be a couple more high tech features that infiniti will reveal. I know they have a lot up their sleeves.

#18 ·
I think that Infiniti could put a HUD in its halo car, but i really don't think that it is needed or really wanted in anything else. While it is cool and slightly useful, it does not really bring anything new to the table that you can't currently get from a regular set of gauges. If it was offered in Infiniti vehicles, it would probably be part of the tech package. I don't think that people would want to pay for it separately though.

#23 · (Edited)
You know, HUD would be a nice to have and in this market, it would be in Infiniti's best interest to add it, but the way it's looking now, I'm not holding my breath.

If Infiniti had any strong plans for bringing in the HUD technology, I would think that they would have added it to the Q50. Since HUD still isn't even available on any Infiniti vehicles at the moment, I'm not 100% sure when Infiniti is going to add HUD to their lineup.

If I were to take a guess, Infiniti is not gonna add HUD until early and mid 2016 for the next generation Q60 and the next generation Q70 models first. The Q50, if it gets it at all, probably won't get it until late 2017 as a part of a mid-cycle refresh. Hyundai, Buick, and BMW have pretty much perfected the HUD technology for a couple years already, so I'm expecting Infiniti to step their game up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.