Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Japanese Coupe Challenge: Q60 vs RC350

28K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  Titan 
#1 ·
Well technically Americans born in Japan. Winters white weft still lingers all too real for all too many of us and all the wheelsmiths are dreaming off is Japanese muscle and steamy summer nights. But for the prospective his choice has become more of a curious question. Do I go with the incumbent or back the rookie? Infiniti Q60 vs RC350

Precious little is known about the RC350, and when I say precious little I mean price.

Ok what do we know? To start off the similarities are there, both the RC and Q60 use a shortened RWD saloon platform and tried and true V6s. Styling wise two looks could not be further from each other. Q60 may be a bit long in the teeth but its flowing design lines still hold up well, while the Lexus comes at you with a razor blade in the black, its a modern look for the RC that will quickly become a primitive relic of what trying hard was believed to be.

Anyways I'm sure you're sick of my scribbling keyboard calamity, here is how the RC stacks against Q60.

Engines

Infiniti Q60: 3.7L DOHC V6
Lexus RC350: 3.5L DOHC V6

Power

Infiniti Q60: 330 hp @ 7000 RPM, 270 ft-lbs @ 5200 RPM
Lexus RC350: 306 hp @ 6400 RPM, 277 ft-lbs @ 4800 RPM

Gearboxes

Infiniti Q60: 7 speed automatic, 6MT (Q60S)
Lexus RC350: 8 speed automatic

See less See more
#24 ·
With either a 7 speed automatic or 6 speed manual transmission, the Infiniti Q6 may pull over potential buyers who was looking at the RC350 but wanted it with MT.

Satisfy both types of drives while the RC350 is auto only. sure manual is slowly dying off but there are still a lot of enthusiasts out there.

#27 ·
I personally love all the lexus models.

However, it's so common out there now.

I love the new 2016 infiniti q60, totally would get this over the rc350.

But I really like the unique color the rc350 has. It's very bold and fresh.

It's a tough decision between the two.

I guess for me the tie breaker would be test driving them both! :D

#31 ·
Lexus went with a sporty look for the RC 350 and overall it's not too bad but they seem to think sticking plastic where it's not needed makes it sporty.

That rear black plastic bit under the headlight doesn't seem like they perform a function. Just there for aesthetics and it's not that great looking either.

#33 ·
Q60 is indeed the cleaner looking of the two. But even the lower portion of the rear bumper can be better designed. If they're really serious about bringing some high performance Q60 to market, then we could see that lower portion be revised completely, aggressive diffuser and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.