Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Infiniti Q60 vs Nissan NISMO 370Z: Value?

14K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Primetime_88 
#1 ·

Polar opposites, could you call this pair that? I'd certainly let you get away with it, but I'm not sure polar opposites is completely appropriate. After all the Q60 did theft the 370's running gear and thats without mentioning that the two share a platform with one another.

But realistically thats where the similarities end. The NISMO 370Z is the rawest iteration of the Zed available for purchase, visual drama has been poured on in droves, from the carbony rear wing and ground effects package (functional BTW) to the RAYS 19 inchers with red callipers popping through. Thats not all either, NISMO sports exhaust, bi-xenon headlmaps and the full gamut of NISMO branding farkles. Deeper than skin, the NISMO Zed gets synchronised rev control, sportier tuned suspension and an engine remap that bumps output to 344 bhp. All this for a cool $43,020 a far cry from the base of $29,990.

Now consider that the Q60 begins at $40,950. While it may not be your tarted up ricky racer like the 370Z NISMO it does offer a bit more posh for your dollar. Full leather interior, adaptive bi-xenons, bluetooth, navigation, front and rear parking sensors, memory seats, intelligent cruise control plus do not underestimate the importance of an included back seat. Q60 certainly shapes up as a much more comfortable tourer and all around more enjoyable experience in and out of town with its plusher suspension setup, slightly longer platform and gobs of sound deadening material.

Where the Infiniti clearly walks away is in terms of interior quality. Nissan has much improved over the years and the two coupes do share a similar layout, the Nissan still cannot hold a candle to the quality of Infiniti's materials.

Basically the gist of what I've beaten around is that the NISMO 370Z is useless. The stripped out Zed is cool sure (if you're into that kind of thing) but it sacrifices in too many signifcant areas relevant to everyday life. If the suspension wasn't enough to turn you off the lack of rear seats should certainly be the mortal blow. Not to mention the conspicuous nature of its body kit and its just not the kind of car that commands grown up respect. Now the Q60 on the other hand....

See less See more
#3 ·
I would definitely lean towards the Q60. The 370z Nismo is nice, don't get me wrong, but I feel that the exterior is for the more immature car scene guys. Crying for attention. The Q60 is just more refined, luxurious, and set for an "established" look.

#4 ·
The NISMO 370Z is more of a track car than the Q60, it's really dependent on what you want to do with your vehicle. With the Q60, you'd be using it as a daily driver and it has two extra seats in the back for utility whereas the 370Z is probably reserved fro weekend drives only.

I would go for the Q60 simply because it fits my needs more than the other.

#5 ·
Infiniti Q60, that is why we are on this forum is it not? Besides the Nissan NISMO 370Z has a tiny interior and that'll alienate a lot of prospective buyers.
And I heard that the slave clutch cylinder had a leak, it's a known problem with Z's and many owners are experiencing this. In Infiniti I trust.

#8 ·
Totally agree with the OP.

I am picking up my Q60 RS on Saturday and getting rid of my 370z touring/sport for the exact reasons that have been listed. While the 6-speed manual transmission combined with the RWD is fun, the miserably tight suspensions and cheap interior made me wanting more. I never felt like an adult in the car.

The Q60 is a beautiful car. The power, immediate torque, and much more luxurious interior will be a welcome addition to the garage. Now my wife and I can go out to dinner feeling like grown-ups instead of feeling like prom dates!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.