Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Infiniti Q60 Sports Coupe or Convertible?

• Infiniti Q60 Sports Coupe

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Infiniti Q60 Convertible

Votes: 6 30.0%

Infiniti Q60 Sports Coupe or Convertible?

22K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  iEssence 
#1 ·
Which Infiniti Q60 model are you guys going to choose, the sports coupe or convertible? and why?

#14 ·
Hardtop converitble is the best of every world... no reason not to take it. And I've seen the 370zs witht heir wide asses but not a convertible version!! But yes, Roanoke could very easily be considered a rock, with great paved roads ;) I almost got a 350z convertible but the trunk was so **** small I couldn't even pack for a week to the beach house.... FAIL!

#15 ·
Cargo space is definitely something to consider when getting a convertible. I have a feeling an Infiniti Q60 convertible will also have poor trunk space, the whole convertible setup eats up a lot of space as always. Plus for real space to be had, the Q60 will need to be really long, which in this case it will probably be as long as the Q50 or up to 6 inches shorter.

#16 ·
For convertibles, there isn't much space to keep the motor for the top so trunk space is sacrificed for this reason. The market for a convertible is a small number compared to the Q50 sedan and the Q60 coupe itself. It will be tough though unless infiniti comes out with a revolutionizing one.

#17 ·
The motor is probably the smallest thing about the convertible top that sits in the trunk, the rest of the moving parts like arms take up A LOT of space. After all look at how big of an object is needs to move and keep stable all the way through it's movement.

#21 ·
It's hard to say since the Q60 is not even out yet but comparing the two previous G37 would give us a better understanding. The G37 convertible was about 440lb heavier than the g37 coupe. With that much added weight that is almost the same weight of an engine. That would add some load affecting the fuel economy. Infiniti should use more lighter materials that won't trigger the uprise of price and still have the same sturdy construction.

#22 ·
Interesting... looking at the number of both the G37 Coupe and Convertible they only differ from 2 mpgs. The G37 Coupe automatic is averaging 25 mpg and the convertible is 27 mpgs.

I just hate the look of the G37 convertibles though. Those numbers aren't that big of a difference considering the extra weight. But lest hope if they were to make the Q60 convertible it's going to look sexy.

#28 ·
A lot of cars from the same part of the world have similar design features. I notice a lot of Japanese vehicles look like eachother or just have that japanese car look, same goes for german, british and american car makers.
I noticed that to with the looks not so much on the asian imports but more so on the european vehicles they tend to have the same design. Just look at the new Jaguar F-Type and the Aston Martin Vanquish they have identical body lines.

#30 ·
there might be a slight chance that infiniti might be using the same layout for the convertible model of the Q60. don't wait on it though it will be a while till the convertible makes its appearance since there is still no confirmation on even how the Q60 will be looking like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.