Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Whoa!!!

11K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  cfrp 
#1 ·
#2 ·
  • compete with the likes of the McLaren P1, Ferrari La Ferrari and Porsche 918
  • 800 hp. Also, thanks to Willaims’ expertise in carbon composite body work, the Infiniti supercar can be up to 200 lb. lighter than the Nissan GT-R.
  • should be around $150,000
  • hit our shores around 2015 or 2016.
all you need to know.

#3 ·
Wow! That is one seriously fast Infiniti. What will it be called do you think? Will it keep with the "Q" naming scheme?

Infiniti hasn't really tread into super car territory before. It should be fun to see what they can come up with.

Maybe Infiniti will make it a hybrid as this seems to be a trend with many of the other car manufacturers (BMW, Acura.)

#5 ·
i knew it, all this talk about an infiniti Halo car, with the GT-R sitting right next door it was only natural they stole a little. Can't wait to see Vettels input with this project. I'm sure Q90 is much more exciting for him than his Vettel edition FX LOL

Any news on the new 370Z? Thaats going to be out first Q60 clue

#7 ·
So you think that first we will see the new 370Z and hen that will give us clues as to what to expect from the Q90? I can see how the two cars will be similar. The 370Z is already a pretty nice car so the Q90 would have to be really really nice to be the luxury version of it.

Where is that rendering of the Infiniti Q90 from? Just a fan, or something from Infiniti?

#18 ·
Well the R36 GTR is already in dev, supposed to show up in '16. So were likely looking at a '17 release for the Infiniti derivative. The R36 is also getting Hybrid tech, so thats where that is going to come from. Also and most interesting is that NISMO is leading the dev work on R36, that was not the case on the current R35, so its likely the R36 GTR shows up more track focused and the Infiniti Qwhatever will be more of a tourer...

You have to figure, the current GTR is pretty heavy at almost 4,000 lbs so the R36 should slash that weight but the Infiniti would likely be heavier because of the luxury tech included...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1078034_nismo-to-spearhead-development-of-r36-gt-r

#20 ·
Well I think they will be able to now that they are going to split the duties of R36 between Nissan and Infiniti. The R35 suffers because not only is it wicked fast but it also attempts to be a friendly everyday car you could drive with your family if you were soft in the head.

Now with R36 the Nissan can be more performance oriented, perhaps a bit more raw as well, while leaving the comfort and touring duties to the Infiniti...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.