Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Why Isn't the IPL Q60 Turboed?

7K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  cfrp 
#1 ·
So the IPL Q60 has very minimal tweaks over the base Q60. We do know it has about 18 more horses from a slight change to the air/fuel mix. I just don't get why for that 50 grand Infiniti wants for the IPL they couldnt slap a turbo or two under the hood and away we go. I'm not asking for an M4 but I'm asking for something with a little more balls than an 18 hp increase and black accent pieces.

#10 ·
I just purchased one of the new Q60's. Being aware of this forum before the purchase, I decided to ask some of the more prevailing questions/opinions about this vehicle.

The IPL series in general is not intended by Infiniti to be a performance line in any way shape or form. The line is intended to be about enhanced luxury and outstanding style. That is all. Infiniti has no intentions to ever turn the IPL line into anything close to a super car like the GTR.

Infiniti does not plan to sell many of these vehicles. They are special order only and, as I found out, they won't build them for you even if you order. The only reason why I was able to get one is because I live in the city that is the port of entry for Infiniti. This serves to make the line even more unique in all areas outside of raw performance. I was also told that there are less than 5 IPLs of any sort (make and year) in the entire state.

All of this came straight from Infiniti (sales man, general manager, and dealership owner).

Lastly, there is a vehicle here; it is just not the vehicle that many people are expecting to see. As with all vehicles of this cost, Infiniti is trying to appeal to a very small market. For me it works.

#14 ·
I'd say Yes personally.

The V6 is already close to 400hp.

Upping it to 400hp is doable without having to redo the entire car.

The drivetrain should handle 400hp just fine.

its likely the extra torque that might cause some issues.

But it would be cheaper to turbocharge the V6 than rebuild a new drivetrain from scratch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.