Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Q60 Hints from 370Z dev.

10K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  cfrp 
#1 ·
Q602B directed me to this article in another thread where we were discussing Q90. There are a few vague tidbits in the article relevant to Q60 that i figured deserved their own thread.

For example, we now know that the powerplants for the car have been determined, and the car will definitely continue with a V-6. Early reports indicate that the next Z will be powered by a newly developed 3.0-liter V-6 (replacing the VQ) and a hybrid system with a 3.5-liter gasoline engine, the same setup in the Infiniti M Hybrid.
Article claims Q60 will see the hybrid system from the M but I think its more likely we see the same performance Hybrid setup that Infiniti debuted on Q50.

Nissan feels there's a lot of pressure on them to get the next Z just right in the midst of this changing sports-car market where being environmentally responsible is just as important as being able to go fast. Look for the car to be ready in 2015.
Ok so we'll see the redesigned Q60 in '15 or '16. I'm betting we see it in concept form sometime in '14, production ready in '15 on sale in '16....

NISSAN Z: DEVELOPMENT OFFICIALLY STARTS! | GT Channel

See less See more
1 1
#5 ·
That's is going to be the IPL's job...the Q60 should be a direct competitor to the 4 series (non M), ATS Coupe(non V), RC ( non F), and on and on...

#3 ·
Is the Q60 going to be a luxury version of the 370Z? Would the two vehicles use the same engine, and do you think that the 370Z will also get the hybrid treatment?

I would agree with your timeline. Concept about a year from now, Fall '14. And then we see the production model in '15 hopefully.

One concept for both the 370Z and the Q60, or do you think each one will get its own concept vehicle?

#4 · (Edited)
You can say, in some fashion now, the g37 coupe is the luxury version to the 370z...the same for the g35 coupe to the 350z. They all shared the same engine, same platform; even though the 370z and 350z were able to squeeze out a few more ponies than their luxury minded counterparts...

They both should have individual/unique designs and purpose to differentiate one from the other...if they stay the course from the previous two generations. Also, the Infiniti Essence and Etherea Concepts are what all the new Q cars will draw inspiration from.

#6 ·
Ok so we'll see the redesigned Q60 in '15 or '16. I'm betting we see it in concept form sometime in '14, production ready in '15 on sale in '16....

I agree and hope so. It should be the last to launch among its competitors. I am a little doubtful about downgrading to the 3.0L engine. However, De Nysschen mentioned this when describing the name scheming change; which is one of the reasons for the name change.

It does sound like possibly force induction is in the works if they do reduce displacement; I hope it will be available for the Q60. It should translate in some weight reductions as well.

Below, he was not necessarily talking about the Q60, but it should provide a little insight...

Johan De Nysschen Qoute: “We will introduce some exhilarating performance schemes in the future,” de Nysschen writes, “I’m sure you will agree, it would be a bit off to have a powerful, luxurious and refined V-8-powered Infiniti M56, then position a new high-tech 550-plus-horsepower performance flagship for the Infiniti M range above it, using a potent charged-induction V-6, but then call it Infiniti M30, which we would be obliged to do, following our current naming logic.”

Read more: Infiniti President Defends New Model Nomenclature on Facebook - Motor Trend WOT

#8 ·
Car manufacturers are able to get more and more out of "smaller" engines though. just because it is getting a V6 does not mean we should be worried. A smaller engine will mean more fuel efficiency. Could they offer a V8 engine option as well as the V6 though, for those who really lik the feel of having a bigger engine under the hood?

#9 ·
I wonder if Mercedes will lend the CLA 45 AMG engine to Nissan? I mean the two companies are already developing platforms together, Nissan is building the M270 engine for Mercedes in Tennessee... Imagine the 300+ 4 cyl in Q60 ;)

I don't think the Hybrid Q60 is going to be designed to compete with the M3/M4, the IPL will , if IPL sticks around. I could see Q60 and 370 differing in powerplants going forward, maybe sharing at the base and Hybrid, but top of the line 370Z engine would only be mid range Q60 with Q60 having one or two engines a step up, definitely forced induction. Don't see demand or need for a V8, especially with the M cars losing their 8s unless Infiniti wants to go hunting muscle cars but thats a game i dont think they should be playing.

#16 ·
yea was just going to say that. I dont mind the rendering regardless, its about time Nissan branches the styling out a little. Realistically 350 and 370 were barely different in the same way that G35 and G37 were barely different. Its time to break with styling tradition IMO.... I can't wait to see infiniti design language applied...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.