Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Infiniti Q60 Pros and Cons

22K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  cfrp 
#1 ·
I thought that I would put together this list of the pros and cons of the Infiniti Q60 that I have read about so far. Then people can discuss or add to each list.

Pros

Powerful, responsive, and comfortable - The Q60 delivers all three unlike others in this segment. Highway comfort is established through the use of extra gear that dampens road noise by lowering RPM levels and giving a smooth, even ride at speed. The power comes from the 3.7-liter V6 that produces 330 hp.

Great styling - You can tell just by looking at it :)

Cool features - The Infiniti Q60 is chalked full of fun technology. Two of the coolest features, in my opinion, are the adaptive climate control and the intelligent cruise control. The adaptive cruise control takes into consideration the speed of the vehicle so that the temperature of the car remains constant even when traveling with the convertible top down. The intelligent cruise control keeps track of the speed of the car in front of you to automatically slow the car when traffic slows down, and then it will speed the car back up to your set speed once traffic starts moving again.

Cons

Not a 'green' vehicle - With an EPA rating of 17/25 mpg, the Q60 isn't terrible, but it also isn't that great. The Q60 pulls in a combined rating of 19 mpg, and is somewhere in the middle of the green scale. When your vehicle weighs 4,200 lbs, its hard to get fuel efficiency up to something impressive.

Rear legroom and headroom - If you are traveling with passengers in your backseat, they may notice that space is tight. In both legroom and headroom the Q60 has less than most of its 2-door rivals.

Noisy Convertible Roof - The convertible hardtop's roof can sometimes be noisy making annoying squeaks and rattles every so often.

Feel free to add to either list, or tell me why you think I'm wrong about anything above.

See less See more
#4 ·
Definitely the IS350 coupe convertible deserves to be compared. Probably the closest thing to the Q60 convertible.

I mean the car looks extremely similar to the Infiniti. Almost identical. Here is a pretty substantial review of the IS350. Here is the summary:

The Lexus IS models are fast, fun, sports cars with rear-wheel drive. They offer Lexus-quality workmanship, contemporary design, and a surprisingly diverse array of prices, performance options and luxury appointments. The IS 250 is a sensible coupe, fun to drive. The IS 350 delivers excellent performance. Add the F Sport packages and you'll have a real sports sedan. The V8-powered IS F delivers racecar levels of performance.
2013 Lexus IS 350C Reviews - Autoblog and New Car Test Drive

#5 ·
Definitely the IS350 coupe convertible deserves to be compared. Probably the closest thing to the Q60 convertible.

I mean the car looks extremely similar to the Infiniti. Almost identical. Here is a pretty substantial review of the IS350. Here is the summary:

2013 Lexus IS 350C Reviews - Autoblog and New Car Test Drive
It's just too bad they didn't just take the IS-F and turn it into a performance coupe. They had the chance to turn the IS coupe into a hardtop and convertible performance coupe. At least now it's happening as the Lexus RC!

#7 ·
I am really surprised at how similar the two cars look. At a glance I wouldn't be able to tell the two apart I think.

The IS-F with the V8 is a beast of a vehicle. I'm not sure why you don't think that it is a performance coupe when it has that engine under the hood. The Q60 doesn't even come with a V8 (if I am not mistaken.)

#14 ·
I'm more interested in the regular models. the performance models will make up less than 10% of Q60 and RC sales so I'm rather indifferent to which performance model is top. Considering no where on the street can you use that performance, its relatively irrelevant.

#17 ·
With most performance vehicles people won't ever take them to their limits, at least not legally. You can feel the power and acceleration even if you don't start drag racing though.

I think that people should be more concerned with the mainstream models instead of the performance models. That is what most people will be working with as a base when they purchase.

#20 ·
The reality is that most people to push performance models pass legal limits, speed limits in most of america are lower than what they should be, it's set in such a way that you would want to go faster. Take a drive through any busy city or highway in a highly populated area and you will see people with fast cars pushing them a bit, not all will do it, but a good amount.

#24 ·
When is the redesigned Q60 supposed to come out? mid to late 2015? The Q60 should have some healthy competition between it and the the RC350 when it comes out. I think that the looks of the Lexus spindle grille are pretty polarizing whereas Infiniti styling is a bit less extreme.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.