Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Spritual Successor to the 240??

10K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  cfrp 
#1 ·
Found an article from back in August talking about new 370Z development, and how nissan is looking to channel the original 240Z.

The new car is code named Z35, rumors have it as a downsized 370Z but in fact it could be the 370Z is itself shrinking a touch amid lower end pressure from FR-S/BRZ. there is a 330 hp 4cylinder Turbo in the works that could slot in fine beneath the current Z's VQ V6.

Keep your eyes tuned to Z development rumors as they will all have a direct impact on the next gen Q60 for 2016...

Nissan Preparing New Z Car as 240Z Spiritual Successor | AutoGuide.com News

See less See more
#5 ·
Is the Q60 supposed to be the luxury version of the 370Z? I think that a smaller 370Z will sell quite well. It basically will be a Datsun Z if they shrink the 370Z. I didn't realize that the 370Z was so similar to the old Datsun Z until I saw them side by side in the picture posted above. I will be very interested to see what the next Z car will look like.

#9 ·
Yea, I don't think that Datsun is coming back the way we want it to anytime soon, but you could always slap a Datsun badge on your car just for fun. Is the Q60 a lot bigger than the 370Z with its back seat? Either that or the Q60 is cramped, or the 370 has plenty of room to spare.

#14 ·
I think the next Z and the Q60 could show up with a 4 cylinder Turbo option...

Next Nissan Z Will Have Turbo-4, V6 Option Still Viable, Coming in 2016

The new model will be arriving with a four-cylinder turbocharged engine, a first since the days of the 240Z. However, Palmer says V6 enthusiasts shouldn’t be worried, since a V6 version is still very much a possibility.
the article speculates on 2 Renault engines, but I'm thinking more the M270 Mercedes engine from the CLA, the M270 is already confirmed for the Q30 so its not so much of a stretch to consider it for Q60 as well...

#19 ·
I think the next Z and the Q60 could show up with a 4 cylinder Turbo option...

Next Nissan Z Will Have Turbo-4, V6 Option Still Viable, Coming in 2016

the article speculates on 2 Renault engines, but I'm thinking more the M270 Mercedes engine from the CLA, the M270 is already confirmed for the Q30 so its not so much of a stretch to consider it for Q60 as well...
i have no problem with that

as long as its lightweight

put a turbo 4 in the pig that is the 370z now and its not going anywhere quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.