Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Just Purchased New Q60

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  iEssence 
#1 ·
Just bought a new Q60 IPL convertible. White/red interior. I was looking at a Corvette Stingray but was concerned with some of the reported QC issues with the new model.

Have had several Infiniti models over the years and never had a lick of an issue. Had the car for five days with about 750 miles now on it. Initial reactions, the car is a real fun ride. Good power and sounds great. Top down the car is very quiet for a vertible. Top up it's also quiet. Only issue is the up/down mechanism. The hard top takes about 30 seconds to fold down or up and makes a racket doing so. Also must be in park to activate, unlike Mercedes and others. Bought the extended warranty just because of the top.

Car looks great w/top up or down. It heats well top down and given that I am in Hilton Head it will almost always be down when not raining. Heated seats are quite warm and support with seats is terrific. Took a trip to Charlotte (275 miles) and then back. Top down most of the way in 50 degree temps & very comfortable. Sent pics to relatives in Northern Mn & they all hate me.

#5 ·
I wouldn't think that people would jump from the Corvette Stingray to the Infiniti Q60. Different beasts in many ways. The Infiniti is probably more comfortable to drive than the Stingray, but the Stingray is a sportscar, unlike the Q60.

Where exactly are you living? Florida? South Carolina?

#11 ·
Sorry for delay in getting back. Split time between Hilton Head and Charlotte. Wanted a convertible so the Stingray Coupe was not a consideration. The list price for a base Corvette Coupe is $51,000 but a 3LT convert starts at about $65 k and fully loaded goes over $70 k. I got the q60 for less that $60.

Whichever car I purchased will be DRIVEN. In 10 days already have 1,400 miles on car. Trip to Charlotte and trip yesterday to Charleston. Christmas night my son and I drive to Houston for a Mn Gophers bowl game and then to Dallas to see a daughter and grand kids. Traded in a Hyundai Genesis (30 months owned) with 105,000 miles.

Primarily because of use I put a great deal of weight on reliability and the Corvette is really a new car in too many ways. Have owned mostly Nissan products (trouble free) for last 15 years. Was a vendor at one time and the Nissan VPP program was hard to pass up.

Finally, the Q60 was surprisingly more beautiful than I expected and the Mrs. was much happier with the Q. The last thing, in the past when I've owned a convertible, the top is down sans rain. Last night I drove to Charleston with the top down and the temp was about 49. The Q is surprisingly quiet and comfortable and I drove it on the highway at speed before I bought.

Will post pics soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.