Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Z35 and Q60 rolled up in a Detroit Debut?

18K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  infinitifanatic 
#1 ·
Nissan is expected to be bringing a Z35 concept car to Detroit next month which should give us some insight into the nuts and bolts of the 2016 Q60.

Talk around the woodshed has the next gen Z (and subsequently Q60) downsizing slightly from the current, expectations are 2 inches being shaved off the width. The new cars will also be lower slung and swoopier fitting in with Nissan and Infinitis new design language. The 2016 Q60 and 370Z are expected to continue riding on the FM platform underpinning the current Q50 and Q60, light weight materials could be used to shave an estimated 400 lbs from the vehicle.

Where the conversation begins to get interesting is at powerplants. Its not so much a question of will the 370 and Q60 retain the VQV6, but for how long. MotorTrend cites a Nissan source saying that the new cars will have a choice of the VQV6 or a turbo 4. The Nissan source is saying a 2.5L Turbo four capable of between 280 and 330 hp, likely the lower for emissions concerns. There is also the possibility of multiple turbo engines. The Q50 has already been confirmed to be getting Mercedes 2.0L turbo 4 found in the CLA capable of 208 ponies, but the AMG boys already showed us that engine has lots of potential still hidden in its block. One final possibility is the 2.5L Supercharged 4 currently doing duty in the pathfinder hybrid.

Gearboxes are expected to be an M6 or a flappy 6. Just keep the CVT AWAY!

See less See more
#6 ·
its going to be whatever replaces the 370. Nissans dev name for 350Z was Z33, for 370Z it was Z34, what else could Z35 be but that ;) I believe the 240 replacement is going to be in essence only, I believe thats what they're trying to get at with the Turbo 4s

#19 ·
This concept looks ridiculous. I can see where they are going and am excited to see this translated to production vehicles, but the concept by itself looks overdone and like it is trying too hard. I do like the roofline though, it looks like Nissan is going to be using that on more of its models in the future.

#26 ·
One of the Nissan execs, Andy Palmer, talked about the next Nissan Z:
"I know what the powertrain will be and I know it will exist. It would be reasonable to assume it will have a downsized turbo engine. There will be normal and Nismo versions."

Nissan had cars with a 3.0L turbo V6 in the past, like the VQ30DET. I wonder if they plan to come out with a similar engine that can match the power of the VQ37VHR, but with better fuel economy. I wouldn't mind having something like this in the new Q60. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.