Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Nissan teases its sports sedan concept ahead of the 2014 Detroit Auto Show

11K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  iEssence 
#1 ·
Nissan is teasing us with this dark image of its sports sedan concept which will be unveiled at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show next month. The big question I have is, what will this concept become? Could it have anything to do with the Q60?

Basically nothing is known about the concept except this picture, so your guess is as good as mine.

Nissan Sport Sedan Concept Teased Before Detroit Debut » AutoGuide.com News

See less See more
#16 ·
WAIT. could this be the new Maxima? They have been talking about upgrading the Maxima

Nissan to unveil next-gen Maxima concept at 2014 Detroit Auto Show | Digital Trends

The current Maxima has remained MOSTLY unchanged since 2009.

So thats 5 years.

That would make sense..

The 2014 model has very few changes which would leave to believe that the 2015 will be a completely refreshed model.

2014 Changes in the Nissan Maxima

Nissan's flagship Maxima sedan enters the 2014 model year with the following enhancements:

• Addition of a new S Value Package with smoked appearance headlights, HID Xenon headlights, compass in rearview mirror, 18-inch aluminum-alloy Dark Hyper Silver wheels, rear spoiler, fog lights, outside mirrors with integrated turn signals and metallic trim treatment

• Previous Monitor and HID Xenon Packages no longer available

• Standard RearView Monitor, USB connectivity and 7.0-inch color monitor with QVGA display added to SV grade

• Two new exterior colors: Gun Metallic (replaces Dark Gray) and Midnight Garnet (replaces Tuscan Sun); eight available exterior colors total

• Offered in two models, 3.5 S and 3.5 SV, each powered by a 290-horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine mated to an Xtronic CVT® with manual and "DS" (drive sport) modes with available paddle shifters

#19 ·

I mean the Nissan Maxima is looking a bit dated. It is due for a redesign soon. I am surprised that Nissan/Infiniti hasn't focused more on updating some of the Infiniti models that are a bit dated. Maybe we will have to wait until Geneva to see something like that.

#23 ·
Guessing that is the new Maxima? Its a wild looking concept. Interested to see if ANY of that carries over to the production.

It is an attractive concept no doubt.

Wonder if its FWD or RWD.... Or what transmission it comes with.... Or what engine it'll come with (apart from the V6)

#27 ·
It's exciting to see a vehicle like this, but then I wonder how much of it will actually make it to production. I bet you that Nissan will dumb down this car a lot when it gets turned into a production vehicle. The contours on the side of the car will be gone, and the cool roofline will be gone.

What do you think will and won't make it to the production Maxima from this concept?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.