Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Before 2018

11K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  SimpsonTide985 
#1 ·
Courtesy of de Nysschen we now know there will be a new Q60 coupe AT LEAST befroe 2018. Thanks for nothing ;)

The Q60 coupé will be an evolution of the Q50 saloon,” said de Neysschen. “The car’s been pushed back as we need to fix the design language. We need more cohesion in our design language across the range.”

“The Q50 has shown a signal of our design language, “ he said, “But we’ll develop that with a more prominent shoulder line and a strong wedge.”
Infiniti to launch five new models by 2018 | Auto Express

#2 ·
So in other words we'll see it closer to 2018, i was looking forward to something to release in 2016, looks like that won't happen. But at least in the end we'll have something epic to get from Infiniti. seeing how crazy the Q50 Eau Rouge is, the high performing next gen Q60 should at least 1 up it.

#3 ·
So, what are they going to do, keep selling the 2008 G-coupe until 2018? That would be nuts, plus the Q50 sedan launched for the 2014 model year, so that would be a 4 year gap between the coupe and the sedan. Maybe they roll out 1 or 2 new models per year leading up to 2018. I'm still going my prediction of a 2016 model year launch for Q60.

#6 ·
So, what are they going to do, keep selling the 2008 G-coupe until 2018? That would be nuts, plus the Q50 sedan launched for the 2014 model year, so that would be a 4 year gap between the coupe and the sedan. Maybe they roll out 1 or 2 new models per year leading up to 2018. I'm still going my prediction of a 2016 model year launch for Q60.
agreed, keep in mind the article says 4 new cars before 2018, doesnt mention the order. Based off assumptions, Q30 is first (this year), next Q60 (I see perhaps a 2015 reveal) and then flagship and halo before '18..

#19 ·
these strange rebadged '14 G37 Q60's could become a collectors item someday... LOL

I even forgot about the new ATS coupe, Cadilalc is very dangerous to Infiniti here. Caddy is seeing something like a 50% conquest rate on the ATS, as in 50% of all ATS buyers are coming from other brands. ATS coupe could really take advantage of a long in the tooth Q60...

#21 ·
yea which is a shame because the G37 coupe was/is a competent little car. Letting it flounder un updated is only going to hurt them. Just go look at sales volume for the EX and FX. Infiniti left both of those un touched for so long they're moving like 5% of what their peak volume ever was...

FX is moving less than 5,000 units per year now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.