Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

What engine would you like the new Q60 to have?

13K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  SimpsonTide985 
#1 ·
There's a Japanese website that mentions the potential engines for the next Q60. It mentions a 2.0L turbo 4 cylinder, 3.0L turbo V6 and 3.5L NA V6 as potential candidates. It also brings up hybrid as a possiblity. I'm not sure if everything was translated correctly, I used Google Chrome's translate function to read it.

Link:
V37?????????????????????????2015???????????????

Personally, I want a 3.0L turbo V6. I would like 330 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. That should be enough to make it out perform the competitors in the segment. ;)

#5 ·
Why wouldn't they sue them same engines that are being used in the Q50? Seems like the easiest and most direct way to get engines in the Q60. A hybrid is probably a good idea as well. I just don't understand why they would use any other engines, when the Q50's engines seem like such an easy option.

#7 ·
My guess is that Nissan might be looking to replace the 3.7L V6 with a smaller displacement turbo V6 for added efficiency, more torque and equal or better horsepower. So, this would eventually be the engine for any model that currently has the 3.7L V6. (Q60,Q50, Nissan Z etc.)

We know that the Nissan Z will probably have a downsized turbo engine. I doubt Nissan would develop a new engine specifically for the low volume Nissan Z. It makes more sense for it to be a general purpose engine for several models.

#22 ·
A possible glimpse into likely engine availability...

This article states (albeit, possibility for the Q80 and Q90) that a 3.0 and 3.7 turbo hybrid will be available. I'm inclined to think that a lesser tuned version will be available for the Q60 as well.

"This flagship’s powerplants will be a newly developed 3.0-liter V-6 direct-injection turbo hybrid generating around 550 hp, and a new 3.7-liter V-6 twin-turbo hybrid with combined output of 700 hp."

Read more: Infiniti Plans 700-HP Twin-Turbo Hybrid Flagship Sedan - Motor Trend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.