Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

What happened to the Q60

16K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Skyline_Nismo 
#1 ·
When the Q50 was released the excitement started to build about the Q60 being sensational then Infinity decided to redesign it and any excitement for this car has died.

I think infinity got lazy and was going to make the Q60 essentially a Q50 with 2 less doors. Then they saw the Lexus RC and M4 and said oh $$IT. They then decided to pull the plug and do a proper coupe which means a more aggressive, dynamic design as compared to the more staid sedan.

I just hope production isn't pushed back so far that several other coupes will be available way before the Q60.

#4 ·
Redesigned Q60 too late in coming

I have a G37 sedan whose lease is up in February 2015 and I would consider replacing it with a redesigned Q60, if it was available. However, given that all Infiniti has to offer is a 5 year old design that was never all that attractive in the first place (I had the first generation G35 coupe in diamond graphite and it was spectacular) I'll be leasing either the Lexus RC or the Audi A5 s line. Infiniti has been way too slow in redesigning the Q60 and it will bleed sales to others as a result.

#11 ·
I have a G37 sedan whose lease is up in February 2015 and I would consider replacing it with a redesigned Q60, if it was available. However, given that all Infiniti has to offer is a 5 year old design that was never all that attractive in the first place (I had the first generation G35 coupe in diamond graphite and it was spectacular) I'll be leasing either the Lexus RC or the Audi A5 s line. Infiniti has been way too slow in redesigning the Q60 and it will bleed sales to others as a result.

I think your frustrations are shared by many...and your alternative choices are great cars...

I believe the Lexus RC will be a hit just like the 3rd Gen IS is. The A5 is due for a re-design in short order, so you possibly could hold out a little longer for it.

But take some resolute in, Mr. de Nysschen scrapped the pre-production Q60 redesign shortly after the Q50's debut. He said it was not daring enough and that the Q60 has got to be done right; the car will mark a new day for the brand...with about 3 to 4 engine choices to boot

Beyond Infiniti - The Big Picture - Motor Trend

Infiniti achieves record global sales in the first half of 2014 - Infiniti Online Newsroom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.