LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Chrome Delete

Hey guys! Talked to my local vinyl car wrap place and they told me that a chrome delete for my chrome around the windows, and grille would run $650. Does that seem high? I guess I wasnt expecting it to be that high.

Anyone have their chrome covered with vinyl?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

2017 Iridium Blue Infiniti Q60 3.0t Sport - EMM Tuning CF Rear Spoiler, Front Splitter, CF Grill and Fog Light Surround - Chrome Delete - Tanabe Medallion Touring Axle Back Exhaust - Phoenix Android Radio - Tesla Style Screen Mark II - AMS Cold Air Intake - Synergy CF Engine Bay Shrouds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumQ60Indy View Post
Hey guys! Talked to my local vinyl car wrap place and they told me that a chrome delete for my chrome around the windows, and grille would run $650. Does that seem high? I guess I wasnt expecting it to be that high.

Anyone have their chrome covered with vinyl?

Woah, that's high! Half of that is still on the high side but more inline with what it should run (I'm assuming a regular off the shelf vinyl and not something difficult like blue chrome).

When I got the window chrome done, it ran me about $200 (I removed it later since it had minor imperfections that I couldn't ignore). The front should be much less than that....which is why I feel $300+/- is about right.
IridiumQ60Indy likes this.

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrage View Post
Woah, that's high! Half of that is still on the high side but more inline with what it should run (I'm assuming a regular off the shelf vinyl and not something difficult like blue chrome).
Yeah...just black semi gloss off the shelf. I was thinking somewhere in the 300 to 400 range.

testrage likes this.

2017 Iridium Blue Infiniti Q60 3.0t Sport - EMM Tuning CF Rear Spoiler, Front Splitter, CF Grill and Fog Light Surround - Chrome Delete - Tanabe Medallion Touring Axle Back Exhaust - Phoenix Android Radio - Tesla Style Screen Mark II - AMS Cold Air Intake - Synergy CF Engine Bay Shrouds

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Yeah...just black semi gloss off the shelf. I was thinking somewhere in the 300 to 400 range.

Semi-gloss black is exactly what I got as well. I updated my original post to provide justification for the pricing I had in mind but I agree. They're too high!

Red when moderating
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrage View Post

When I got the window chrome done, it ran me about $200 (I removed it later since it had minor imperfections that I couldn't ignore). The front should be much less than that....which is why I feel $300+/- is about right.
lol... Yeah, I dont deal well with "minor imperfections".

testrage likes this.

post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
lol... Yeah, I dont deal well with "minor imperfections".

The way the window chrome is set up, I was told it was impossible for it to ever be perfect. It would shrink over time and start to show uneven edges. Then there's the fact that there is a vertical gap in the trim (around the door line at the top) It looked ok but there was a slight indentation under the wrap which irritated me.

Finally, they were unable to pull off the chrome pieces on the back windows and so the wrap coverage while adequate was not perfect and caught my eye every **** time.

I pulled it off wanting to paint but the paint shop refused stating paint would only adhere for a few years before chipping off because of the chrome underneath. #Firstworldproblems amirite!!!

Red when moderating
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Garage
Wow, I got ripped off then. I paid about $650 for a total exterior chrome delete, plus blacking out the side skirts and lip. They didn't even do that great of a job imo. It sucks because they're the only ones close by me that do it.
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
@@IridiumQ60Indy

My dealer asked 1300$ for the entire chrome delete with roof and the logos, but I did vinyl wrap for my Q60 RS by myself i bought the Gloss black (3M 1080 CF 12) from amazon for 100$ did it for side windows, side vents and front vents.
I put carbon fiber for the roof and mirrors for another 100$ its not bad at all all you need is practice and patience if you want to save some money Here is the pic of my Q60 RS with chrome delete .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	2635
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	13714   Click image for larger version

Name:	25507678_10156121644682834_2802258907867169501_n.jpg
Views:	1947
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	13722   Click image for larger version

Name:	25594041_10156134437022834_5155988074410932307_n.jpg
Views:	1301
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	13730  
falconetti likes this.
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
I have my grill and rear reflectors wrapped got that donr for like $80. I already have a black car and I thought the chrome trim around the window contrasted well. however I am thinking about getting that done next since I can never make up my mind.

What do you guys think a black q60 with a chrome delete would look like? Good/Bad?
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
@@QTQ60
thats a good deal actually. If you get ur chrome delete to black thats gonna look bad ass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page