Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Modification/Warranty Questions

10K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  gipsonke 
#1 ·
I'm planning on getting the Stillen CBE, BMS Intakes & a Lower downpipe. I'm also leasing this car & this is my first car I'm doing any sort of modifications to, so I know nothing. LOL.
Mostly looking to get a good sounding Q out of it.

1. Will any of these void the warranty?

Not planning on getting a tune since that will for sure void the warranty. Not even going to bother with the JB4 either.

2. Will I notice any problems with not having a tune?

3. I heard Stillen CBE are the loudest (not including a custom exhaust). Is this true?

4. Any recommendations on which LDP to get if there are any differences? My default would be AMS LDP.

I've got a non-redsport AWD.

#2 ·
I'm planning on getting the Stillen CBE, BMS Intakes & a Lower downpipe. I'm also leasing this car & this is my first car I'm doing any sort of modifications to, so I know nothing. LOL.
Mostly looking to get a good sounding Q out of it.

1. Will any of these void the warranty?

Not planning on getting a tune since that will for sure void the warranty. Not even going to bother with the JB4 either.

2. Will I notice any problems with not having a tune?

3. I heard Stillen CBE are the loudest (not including a custom exhaust). Is this true?

4. Any recommendations on which LDP to get if there are any differences? My default would be AMS LDP.

I've got a non-redsport AWD.

I've got a non Red sport AWD and coincidentally I just got my catback exhaust from Stillen. They wanted to make sure of the fitment and I've maintained a great relationship with them, so they installed my exhaust free of charge!

Stillen has always had great customer service in the times I've dealt with them.

Just picked it up after work and man it sounds really nice. Not obnoxiously loud...but just that deep g-r-o-w-l that I was looking for. Coming off a Camaro SS, Cadillac CTS and Lexus RCF, which were my last three rides, I miss hearing my engine revs.

I will take a cold start video recording tomorrow and some revs.

They sell these in the dealership as well as the Stillen air intake which is the only one that is CARB certified, which is extremely important to me living out here in crazy CA.

The car runs great. No tune. And between the growl of the catback and the sweet turbo spool rush the intakes unleash, I'm pretty darn content right now. [emoji7]

I am also planning on getting a JB4...eventually.

From what I've heard the AMS LDP are pretty popular.

Whereabouts do you live, if I might ask?

As far as the warranty...if I had a catastrophic engine issue I probably wouldn't go Rollin (or towed) into the dealer with anything other than the Stillen stuff and the AMS HX...all of which were purchased through the dealer.

Best wishes.

Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Im suppose to be getting my q60 tomorrow cant wait im so excited!!

I was looking into exhaust systems and I really want to go with the Fast Intention Full CBE system with Lower Down Pipes, what yu guys think about this exhaust system and will I have any warranties issue if i roll up in the dealer ship with them on or do i have to take it off?

Other warranties questions I just have in mind is about spoiler, front lip splitter, chrome delete,and lowered down springs.
I know the spoiler and lip probably not goin to but idk just asking its goin be have first car im moding coming from a 2003 G35.

And any recommendations on any others parts would be nice to know.

Thank yu

#4 ·
The FI setup is very nice. I think @IridiumRS400 has the FI exhaust but not sure about the down pipes? For a while I was torn between the FI and Stillen catback, but went with the Stillen in the end. Personally, in addition to the sound, I leaned towards the Stillen air intake and catback exhaust because they're both sold in and can be installed by, the Infiniti dealer. Buy it through them. Have them install it. Get to know your dealer's service manager and staff. Ask them questions.

That's why I take my car into the dealer for oil changes, and will continue to until the warranty is over. Not that I think only the dealer can change the oil. I could easily do it myself. No. It's to establish a relationship with them.

None of the cosmetic stuff (spoilers, splitters) could cause serious warranty denial issues. I have the eBay spoiler, under $300. Carbon fiber. Very nice. It's called the "duckbill" spoiler

I also have RSR downs springs, but ended up only putting the fronts in. But the way warranties work they don't just void your whole warranty. It doesn't work like that.
For example. You put on lowering springs... Your OEM struts go out. I doubt they would cover your struts because of the springs. It's reasonable to assume that the springs could cause premature failure of or contributed to the strut issue. Fair enough. But what if a turbo goes? Could lowering springs cause that? Highly improbable. The burden of proof is on Infiniti. I'd fight that.

They can only void the section of the warranty related to the modification. Now what about your driveshaft. Or something related to or adjacent to your suspension? That's a gray area. I think that's where you run risks with any mod you undertake.

Another example would be the rotors. I've heard reports of Infiniti rotors warping, etc. And infiniti supposedly is resurfacing customer's rotors free of charge under warranty. But I've got the Stillen air intake. Could they void my brake rotor claim because my engine air intake?

Ridiculous.

No. They'd have a very hard time justifying that and probably wouldn't even care about your air intake because it's not related to the warranty covered parts.

Congrats on your Q!

This is a great platform and this forum is very helpful.

Post pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.