• 1 Post By Chris K.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Craziness with dealership, good outcome, long story

First off, everything you will read is true. Second, now having gone through it, couldn't be happier.

As some of you know I'm new a newer owner of a infiniti q60. Bought a car from a dealership in New Hampshire, 2 hours or so from my house. 2017 q60, Beautiful black on black, attached. The details: The Acura dealership (I'll leave the town name off for now), gave me a passing inspection sticker, however, on the way home I stopped and noticed the friggin driver's headlight was out. Everything was working at the dealership. I called right when I got home and explained everything, Acura said no big deal, take it to Infiniti as it will no doubt be a warranty issue. I told them fine but any charges they would be flipping the bill.

While parked waiting to get into the shop, I was speaking with the service consultant and he said hey there is a bigger problem. He called over the service manager. Service manager starts picking apart virtually the whole front end explaining that whomever did work on the car did a terrible job. At this point my jaw is in the floor. I'm no idiot but **** I just didn't notice these things the guy was pointing out, (misaligned bumper, which caused a bow where it meets the hood latch, chip in the headlight, scuff on the rim, bubble on the wheel etc.).

I'm furious. Service Manger said, if it was me, I'd drive it back to them right now and demand your money back, it's been in an accident obviously. I pulled the carfax out and showed him, it was totally clean. He said bullshit, something happened, call them. This will not be covered under warranty, no way.

I called Acura while standing there. I talked with the G.M. who began to tell me that they had to replaced the friggin bumper because the old owner (a former employee there) had some cracks in the grill while working there and traded it in to them. 2+2= was adding to WTF. Lie, lie lie. You don't replace the entire bumper for the grill being broken. Carfax said there wasn't an accident, he said that's true only he couldn't explain why the bumper was out of alignment and bowed, nor the light or tire issue.

They shouldn't have even passed this car for inspection with a faulty light out/ bubbling tire. Come on, really.
I told him I was bringing it back to either -A, undo the deal or -B, they were going to replace the light / light harness if necessary with OEM parts, the now bowed bumper and the bubbling tire. G.M. said bring it back and we'll undo the deal. I can't put anymore money into it until I assess it myself. I planned to go bring the car back, in three days (on a Saturday).

Next morning, I drive to work. I come out of work and the bubbling tire is now flat. Take the tire off, bring it to tire warehouse. Not with fixing as the bubble ruined the tire. New tire $435, crappy dunlop. I call Acura and explain, GM is going to reimburse me, fine.

Saturday rolls around, I go up while I'm waiting to talk with the G.M. I speak with John, who sold me the car. Come to find out, they didn't use their normal Acura techs for this car, it went to a third party body place that the G.M. found to save money. Forget this place! I get my old wrx keys from them, I explain that, I'm missing my rally mud flaps. John goes into the service center and out comes a tech with a drill. He had taken them off my car when I traded it in and put them on his Honda Element (no this isn't a joke).They tell me, I'm all set and I can leave. I say, is there something I need to sign or to be given explaining this? I question what is going on with the loan that was paid off (my wrx) and the established loan (q60) reversal?

They said they'd take care of everything. I said the **** you will, I'm not leaving without a signed document that clearly states where the liability for each vehicle is and a short explanation of what will take place. They complied and cut me a check for the tire on the spot.

I start my q60 search over as I thought ^^this was all behind me. I get a courtesy call from the bank (loan officer on the q60) not only welcoming me as a new member but inquiring as to whether or not I wanted to save even more by signing up for a savings account. I just about boiled over, but the bank guy was super nice and he was just doing his job.

I called Acura and told them if this loan was not off my credit in a weeks time, I would be getting a lawyer involved- that was Saturday morning.

Well, I picked this 2017 up in Rhode Island (obviously from a different dealership), Majestic White with the infiniti sport exhaust. I'm very happy with it.

I want to enjoy this but... it's like I can't because I know the other car stuff still isn't settled. Ugh... soon.

Thanks for reading
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190708_055014_1562727335811.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	21354   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190615_201346_1562727378085.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	21356  
1701-64D, Omenx and Ron S like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Garage
Dang!

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Garage
Oh boy, I hope you're not a worrier like me because I'd lose sleep over this entire thing until everything is resolved and the dust settles. Anyhow, I'm glad you were able to pick up another Q60 and hopefully this one gives you a lot less hassle.

Also the white will be so much easier to keep clean vs the black so potential win there lol
Bevo Horn and Ron S like this.

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Oh, lots of sleep has been lost... but I figured I could sleep when I'm dead... so there's that! Called bank today, still active! Lame.
Bevo Horn likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Wow, that's crazy. Glad you found another one though!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage
Holy cow! Sorry for that headache man! I had a heck of a time getting my wife her new mustang from a VERY shady dealership in Albuquerque, too. I know, sort of, your pain, haha. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end! I prefer the Majestic White to the black anyway!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
wow bro.. I'm glad it turned around for ya..

Drive it like you stole it
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I dealt with a out of state Chicago dealer on our Q60. Had to threaten to sue because he had our money but would not ship car , kept saying waiting on finance. Yes impossible to sleep when dealing with crooked dealers. I keep learning lessons in life. After that mess I vowed to be that guy that read dealer reviews first and be very detailed overall and not trusting them to avoid that mess. Paid for prep and shipped to us with over spray on paint and small cigarette burn on rear seat. So your not alone and enjoy the white one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page