Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

how to launch these badboys?

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Malmby 
#1 ·
anybody here have a video or reference how to launch q60? do I need to disable(press that white button) traction control as well as the vdc, hold break, accelerate? lol..im looking for a proper way i dont wanna burn it.lol.. will it stay at 3k rpm then launch?

#3 · (Edited)
Well if you get tunned with ECUTEK they now offer launch control..

besides that, hold the brake down hard.. floor it ,build that boost an let off the brake, you can take traction off if your RWD your gunna spin the tires.
Disclaimer: I am going to refer to Infinit VDC as the generic "traction control" term because this applies to all vehicles.

1. Disable traction control (warning, do this in a wide open area to get a feel for how your car pulls; don't do this near anything without plenty of experience)
  2. Press the brake pedal completely to the floor
  3. Do not "floor" the accelerator! Practice the amount of pressure you need to get the RPM to 2000 (I highly advise not going above 2000 RPMs on the stock transmission)
  4. Let off the brake pedal and press down on the accelerator pedal; the key is to not completely smash the accelerator pedal to the floor! Feather the throttle to control wheel spin.
"Flooring" it with traction control on is just going to have the power output retarded and decimate your acceleration. "Flooring" it without traction control on is a quick and easy way to lose control of your car (especially if you are tuned!)

Smooth is fast, fast is smooth. Learn to control the throttle with your right foot and the accelerator pedal. Feathering the throttle, properly, and controlling wheel spin will offer significant acceleration benefits compared to full acceleration and dramatic wheel spin.

Edit: As an unrelated side note, never-NEVER fully press the accelerator pedal down unless your steering wheel is perfectly straight. For every degree your steering wheel is turned, the maximum your accelerator pedal should ever be pressed is reduced linearly.
The best analogy I heard for this is to think of a string attached to your accelerator pedal and your steering wheel; the string should taut with the steering wheel straightened and the accelerator pedal completely pressed down. As your steering wheel is turned, the tie point of the string is pulled up and away from the pedal, forcing the accelerator pedal up. As you straighten the steering wheel, the accelerator pedal can be pressed down further.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.