LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Jb4, exhausts, ams ldp and other bolt on questions

I currently have ams bolt ons in my garage, hex,cai,ldp and coolant expansion. I am not ready to ecutek my car yet, Im thinking of running jb4 for the meantime. My question is should I install my ldp,hex and coolant exp first with jb4, I just read that CAI won't offer any benefit until im tuned. I am also planning to replace the exhaust system with either ark [email protected]$1300, or FI CBE or HKS both at $1800 I think. Is it worth it? I almost got 3" mbrp last week but heard more modification is needed otherwise it is loud af and drony. Right now I have helmholtz only. Ecutek and getting hpfp is not on my budget yet plus I will wait when Im out of warranty. What are your opinions folks? Im running on stock RS with just helmholtz and afe air filter.lol it is a little better compare to the laggy full stock but still laggy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Garage
Exhaust first - biggest bang for the buck, and not just CBE, but also LDPs, too. Then add the HE to prevent heat soak. Install the JB4 at anytime during the upgrade process.

I'm a big fan of the FI LDPs & CBE - performance, quality, and awesome customer support. FI is a small shop, and collaborates with [email protected] for the Ecutek tune, so for future-proofing, this combination produces great WHP & WTQ #'s for the VR30 platform.
JakeFromLI likes this.

2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD Iridium Blue / Monaco Red / Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Infiniti Sport Mats / FI Full Catted DPs & CBE / Stoptech Trophy BBK FR & RR w/SS-Braided Brake Lines / Infiniti HE / Infiniti Intakes / AMS HPFP / Ecutek Tune / BMS Pedal Tuner / Infiniti Radiant Sport Grille / EMM Tuning CF Foglight Finishers / CF Duckbill RR Spoiler / Mishimoto OCC / Stillen Rear Stab Future: AMS LPFP / AMS CF DS / Z1 LSD / Vorsteiner 20" VFF 112s (Staggered) / Michelin Pilot 4Ss
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
downpipes (even lowers) and Y/mid are all relatively cheap for the gains. Don't need to spend $2k on exhaust. Heat exchanger is excellent, no need for expansion tank. Skip the intakes. JB4 works well as a substitute until you're ready for a full tune.

2016+ Premium, JB4+fuel wires+meth, BMS HE, Z1 full catless DPs, Megan Y-pipe. 18" TSW's with 275/40/18's all around. [email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
downpipes (even lowers) and Y/mid are all relatively cheap for the gains. Don't need to spend $2k on exhaust. Heat exchanger is excellent, no need for expansion tank. Skip the intakes. JB4 works well as a substitute until you're ready for a full tune.
i already have all the ams bolt ons including their lower downpipes, im torn between ark grip vs fi.ark Grip is helmholtz resonated like what i have plus it is currently 100 dollar cheaper. So i guess ill skip the Cai install for now and get the either exhaust system and get jb4. Thanks man
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
btw I forgot to ask you, can you recommend me a substitute Y and Mid pipe for the stock, rather than me buying the full exhaust system. plus I'd like to keep my infiniti helmholtz but if the the price of getting the mid and y pipe is close to the price of Ark grip, prolly i'll let it go. the ones I saw are the tanabe y and mid pipes, idk if it is really just for rwd, I presumed q60 rwd and awd are the same when it comes to the cbe part. correct me if I'm wrong
thanks
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi View Post
btw I forgot to ask you, can you recommend me a substitute Y and Mid pipe for the stock, rather than me buying the full exhaust system. plus I'd like to keep my infiniti helmholtz but if the the price of getting the mid and y pipe is close to the price of Ark grip, prolly i'll let it go. the ones I saw are the tanabe y and mid pipes, idk if it is really just for rwd, I presumed q60 rwd and awd are the same when it comes to the cbe part. correct me if I'm wrong
thanks
The Megan Y is what most use and its cheap at ~$100. The Tanabe mid is what most use and is ~$400.

2016+ Premium, JB4+fuel wires+meth, BMS HE, Z1 full catless DPs, Megan Y-pipe. 18" TSW's with 275/40/18's all around. [email protected]

|
|
|
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
The Megan Y is what most use and its cheap at ~$100. The Tanabe mid is what most use and is ~$400.
i'm lookin at both tanabe y and mid, I can't find any info whether this is compatible with awd and I'm picturing it in my mind and i looks different when assembled over the stock. do you know if we need to make adjustments when installing it, compare to the other direct bolt on ones. like FI,ARK and HKS?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi View Post
i'm lookin at both tanabe y and mid, I can't find any info whether this is compatible with awd and I'm picturing it in my mind and i looks different when assembled over the stock. do you know if we need to make adjustments when installing it, compare to the other direct bolt on ones. like FI,ARK and HKS?
I can't speak to AWD, but I know my RWD Q50 let the Z1 full catless downpipes bolt to the Megan Y to the Tanabe mid to the stock muffler with no issue.

|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page