19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Warranty extended for 2017 Q60

I’m on the fence regarding extending our warranty currently at 38,000.
If I go off history , we had a G35 coupe sold at 188,000 only window issue and wheel bearing
We had 2003 FX sold at 117,000 only wheel bearing but rack opinion went out but overall very reliable. We have a very loaded 2009 FX now at 106,000 and so far one wheel bearing so knowing that these cars are reliable but also knowing we have turbos I’m still leaning to not doing it if it’s like $2,500 or so. Just hate to pay it and waste money because nothing happen
What do you think ?
Bevo Horn likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Garage
Price the infotainment system
1701-64D likes this.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
Driver side seat motor went out in our Q50 and my extended warranty paid for itself on that covered repair. See my thread below and shop around.

https://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/wa...formation.html
Bevo Horn likes this.

'18 Q60 RS400 FI CBE
'14 Q50S

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Garage
I ended up getting an extended warranty added to my Q60 last year and haven't had to use it yet but won't deny it means added peace of mind for me (extended warranties are not something I've done in the past because I rarely keep my cars past the factory warranty).

With our cars, it's not so much the mechanical issues that worry me as the electronic ones with the screens like Bevo mentioned, or the sensors in the bumpers, or the fancy shocks (lmao), etc. Engine/drivetrain longevity is a slight concern but not as much because I don't drive my car as much as I used to (odo just hit 12k miles now after more than 2.5yrs of ownership).

My warranty will hopefully take care of my car until it's time to trade it in on a C8 (I think mine will go out into 2024 or something like that)

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I can’t thank you guys enough
After seeing the prices and this helpful information , it makes sense to me and I will be getting it this year. Your right on peace of mind and the things that can go out on the newer models like our 2017. Appreciate it!
testrage, Bevo Horn and WShade like this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Testrage how much is a extended warranty ?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbarbee View Post
The price is negotiable, just like the car
testrage likes this.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbarbee View Post
Hmm like Bevo said, it is negotiable. I don't remember what it cost but I think it was like $1600 or something to extend it to 7yrs or something like that.
Bevo Horn likes this.

Red when moderating
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
I got a 120k/96mo extended warranty when I bought my '17. I'm just over 60k now, but just before that, I had a coolant leak that required repairs and a water pump that went out. I'm glad I have an extended warranty moving forward. Honestly, I'm probably done with Nissan after this car. They screwed me on two defective Titan XD trucks, and refused to repurchase them. One had an electrical fault that was never found, and the diesel engine went out on my second Titan after 13 months. I ate all the depreciation to trade them, and Nissan told me to *^&$% off. I'm currently in the process of trying to work out compensation with them, but will sue if I have to. As a long-time Nissan owner, I'm very upset.
testrage and Bevo Horn like this.

2017 Q60 RS AWD
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-64D View Post
Honestly, I'm probably done with Nissan after this car.
I identify with this sentiment

I've never considered myself a fan of any one brand of car and until 2010 had never owned a Nissan primarily because of them not having anything I really wanted and the multiple issues I read about related to their treatment of their customers.

Since 2010, I've owned 7 Nissan/Infiniti vehicles including my Q60 and the wife's Murano right now and while the customer support I received was the best while I had the GTR, I've noticed it going more and more downhill in the last few years unless you get the friggin' extended warranty (tbh, my Infiniti dealer might be one of the exceptions) and even then it's like pulling teeth on some days. I should probably note at least 3 Nissan/Infiniti vehicles were owned while I worked at Nissan Motor Co (yay for employee discounts and other perks...LOL).

They don't really make anything I want either anymore so in a few years time they're probably going to loose our business as well since the Murano will probably get replaced with a truck (Taco maybe) and my Q60 with a C8 or something much faster and with newer tech.
1701-64D likes this.

Red when moderating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page