9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Front seat belt height adjustment

Am i missing something or does the seat belt have no height adjustment? The belt rides right on my neck and it would be great to adjust it but there is no mention of it in the manual.
[email protected] likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
The guide that holds the seatbelt has a ratchet function so that you can rotate it up or down.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo Horn View Post
The guide that holds the seatbelt has a ratchet function so that you can rotate it up or down.
thanks,ill have to check it out.Im surprised it just doesnt have a sliding mechanism like most cars.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krav51 View Post
thanks,ill have to check it out.Im surprised it just doesnt have a sliding mechanism like most cars.
The Q60 is not most cars

Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I agree that the seat belt mechanism is trash. It is probably my biggest gripe about the car outside of the quiet exhaust (first world problems). Whoever designed it needs to be reassigned or fired! Why make it only ratchet up? The only place that it stays securely is the top most position. I have to adjust it constantly. If I move it down and then lean forward it locks right back to the top most position and begins chewing up my neck....
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing_md View Post
I agree that the seat belt mechanism is trash. It is probably my biggest gripe about the car outside of the quiet exhaust (first world problems). Whoever designed it needs to be reassigned or fired! Why make it only ratchet up? The only place that it stays securely is the top most position. I have to adjust it constantly. If I move it down and then lean forward it locks right back to the top most position and begins chewing up my neck....
I adjusted mine once and haven't thought about it since. Have you tried a different seat position?

Last edited by Bevo Horn; 06-01-2017 at 11:40 AM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo Horn View Post
I adjusted mine once and haven't thought about it since. Have you tried a different seat position?
I have not. I am not in any type of extreme seating position. I am 5'11 with longish arms. Where did you reposition your seat belt to? Does it move up if you lift up on the belt? Even putting my belt on will sometimes lock it back into the top position.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
I have not. I am not in any type of extreme seating position. I am 5'11 with longish arms. Where did you reposition your seat belt to? Does it move up if you lift up on the belt? Even putting my belt on will sometimes lock it back into the top position.
I'm 6'1 with a 6'5 arm span. I've got my seat height set where my arms rest comfortably in the arm rests on the door and console. I drive with my head against the rest unless I'm headed for a bump. The guide is in the upper position but the belt isn't near my neck. My legs are long so I've got the seat height set where I have some bend in my knees.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 04:59 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Have you tried telescoping the steering wheel in instead of moving the seat back? I'm 5'11, have the seat lowered all the way to the floor, seat belt guide is in the top position, and the belt still doesn't come anywhere near my neck.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
I adjust the seatbelt ratchet function down but as soon as its released when you exit the vehicle, if adjust back up. So each time I go to / from car I have to adjust or am I missing something?

- Omenx

2017 Q60 RWD Red Sport 400 Pure White / Graphite Leather Interior / Carbon Fiber
Every option except WiFi and the new Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
Tinted Windows, Debadged, Black Wrapped front spoiler lip and Chrome Blackout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page