2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sway bars

Any1 have hotchkis sway bar? I had them for my last car G37, handling improved alot. Sharp changing lane and turning. Just wondering if you guys have this , or heard of them? Want to know your opinion. https://www.hotchkis.net/search-by-v...=23488&sm=4411
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
I have the Stillen front and rear sway bars on my '18 RWD RS. I set them to most aggressive setting and they handle great. Can't speak on the hotchkis products..
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Garage
Have the stillen bars as well.. car is planted on rails! Plus they are red in color... always a win for me. :-)
VR30TT likes this.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Q50 is AWD and can only get a stiffer rear bar. I have the Stillen bar set on stiffest and I like the difference. No oversteer at the stiffest setting.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I heard stillen sway bars were good for G37. Only thing im worrying about their customer service. This is why I got hotchkis on my old G. Full stiffed helped alot. I guess no1 have hotchkis at this moment. Im gonna go ahead get hotchkis.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:19 PM

It's just a Sway bar.. You get it..What can go wrong with it?.. Stillen even gives you greaseable urethane bushings with it!
WShade likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Garage
I have an AWD, so I could only install the Stillen Rear Sway Bar.

I'd also recommend getting the Adjustable End Links:

https://conceptzperformance.com/spl-...37_p_28870.php

The stock end links are w-i-m-p-y. There's no firmness at all in the bushings - the bolts are free to move in-space. Putting a stiffer bar is a great idea, but having all that compliance in the (stock) end links wastes some of the effectiveness range of the sway bar.

The SPL End Links should be installed with no preload, so the bolts should just drop-in.

2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD Iridium Blue / Monaco Red / Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Infiniti Sport Mats / FI Full Catted DPs & CBE / Stoptech Trophy BBK FR & RR w/SS-Braided Brake Lines / Infiniti HE / Infiniti Intakes / AMS HPFP / Ecutek Tune / BMS Pedal Tuner / Infiniti Radiant Sport Grille / EMM Tuning CF Foglight Finishers / CF Duckbill RR Spoiler / Mishimoto OCC / Stillen Rear Stab Future: AMS LPFP / AMS CF DS / Z1 LSD / Vorsteiner 20" VFF 112s (Staggered) / Michelin Pilot 4Ss

Last edited by IridiumRS400; 08-29-2019 at 10:40 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumRS400 View Post
I have an AWD, so I could only install the Stillen Rear Sway Bar.

I'd also recommend getting the Adjustable End Links:

https://conceptzperformance.com/spl-...37_p_28870.php

The stock end links are w-i-m-p-y. There's no firmness at all in the bushings - the bolts are free to move in-space. Putting a stiffer bar is a great idea, but having all that compliance in the (stock) end links wastes some of the effectiveness range of the sway bar.

The SPL End Links should be installed with no preload, so the bolts should just drop-in.
Yes you are right. I will add those too same time.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 02:10 PM

I considered these, but what do I get as a ROI? Also, exposure to the elements. Now the SPL alignment parts. I may consider at some point.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInNH View Post
I considered these, but what do I get as a ROI?
Your ROI is not busting the stock end link bolts when you're tracking your car, or trying to ascertain the limits of your cornering speed of your Q when suddenly the stock end link breaks from the increased load brought on by the stiffer rear sway bar.

Put a different way, the SPL End Links are cheap insurance against a failure under high tire loading conditions.

When you have the SPL End Links installed, have your mechanic show you the stock ones - you'll see my point. It's like the bolts are sitting in Jello.

2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD Iridium Blue / Monaco Red / Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Infiniti Sport Mats / FI Full Catted DPs & CBE / Stoptech Trophy BBK FR & RR w/SS-Braided Brake Lines / Infiniti HE / Infiniti Intakes / AMS HPFP / Ecutek Tune / BMS Pedal Tuner / Infiniti Radiant Sport Grille / EMM Tuning CF Foglight Finishers / CF Duckbill RR Spoiler / Mishimoto OCC / Stillen Rear Stab Future: AMS LPFP / AMS CF DS / Z1 LSD / Vorsteiner 20" VFF 112s (Staggered) / Michelin Pilot 4Ss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page