LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Android auto

2017 Q60

Has anyone here heard when android auto coming to Infiniti ?
They really seem to be behind more so then other brands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Nissan has it. My lease is up on my RS early next year. If Infiniti doesn't have it I'm probably going elsewhere.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Me too. This is my 3rd Inifiniti (others g37 & q40) but if infiniti does not even offer a upgrade like Mazda has done with existing owners, then i’m moving on.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Garage
I've heard it's coming next year but I don't think it will be something we can easily upgrade the existing unit to for those of us who don't need to buy a new Q60.

That said, if your lease is up next year and you can hold off making a decision until later in the year (August/September time frame), then it might be to your benefit. We should know in the first half of the year what changes if any they plan to make (they really need something since new sales have dropped precipitously at this point).

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I hope its something they can upgrade us to, but I'm thinking of just getting one of the mirroring modules for the top screen since mine is almost useless on a no-nav model....
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have seen those after market versions, but a little hesitant on buying since car is a lease.

If the screens are the same later on this year, dont see why Infiniti cant do a swap to keep the customer happy. Especially if they want my money in 2 years (on a new lease).
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
This is my 4th Infiniti in a row and my second (Q50S Hybrid) with this out of date, slow informant system and obsolete Nav. If it not greatly upgraded I will switch to Mercedes when my lease is up in 11 months. Don't get me wrong, I love the car and it's incredible looks and will miss it. I will probably end up with a C43.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Woopse, 2017 Q60RS AWD Loaded. Black on Black

Prior Infiniti, 2014 Q50S Hybrid AWD Loaded. Black on Black
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I work for INFINITI yes all 2020 models will have both CarPlay and Android Auto. Our system is already built on an android platform. If you really want to get picky about who had it first it was KIA as a gimmick to buy their shitty cars.

The reason Lexus, Audi, and Infiniti all resisted is because we each had our own systems that already did the majority of the commands and to pay extra for mirroring didn’t seem worth it. That said the consumer wether the majority need it or not have spoken and all Lexus released this year have it as well as most Audi’s. You have to remember though Infiniti releases their new models after everyone else does. You probably won’t see our first 2020 until late Summer.
rdavisq60 likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
As far as swap I work on the dealership level we are all franchises and corporate will never swap after the fact. People think dealerships are making money hand over fist... we are not. With all the information available to the consumer today even with a lot of it being misinformation margins are way down.

Point is in 2017 the average profit on a Chevy sold new was $699 I’m sorry but when an average vehicle sold is $40,000 plus and when you consider a $4,000 TV sold has about the same profit it’s not like 10 years ago or say the 80s when you had huge grosses.

Without the service department and used cars there wouldn’t be car dealerships anymore. What I’m saying is big corporate Infiniti is not going to retro fit and with franchises who didn’t make that call just sold what we are given not having room for error you won’t see that happening.

This wasn’t meant for pity purely informational.
rdavisq60 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page