LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Tesla Mark III Group Buy

Guys - Phoenix Android Radios is offering a group buy for their new Tesla style radio - Mark III. The specs are listed in the attached pic. The unit will be undergoing beta testing over the next few months and will be available in late September, early October. Regular price will be $1199, but the group by price will be $879.99.

Lots of new features in this release including doubling of both RAM and ROM, bigger brighter screen, and all new user interface designed specifically for the Q50/Q60.

Actual screen in testing shown.

If you would like to get in on the group buy, PM me your email address. You will be invoiced a deposit of $250 from Phoenix, due within 2 weeks of receipt.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
testrage and liquidq60 like this.

2017 Iridium Blue Infiniti Q60 3.0t Sport - EMM Tuning CF Rear Spoiler, Front Splitter, CF Grill and Fog Light Surround - Chrome Delete - Tanabe Medallion Touring Axle Back Exhaust - Phoenix Android Radio - Tesla Style Screen Mark II - AMS Cold Air Intake - Synergy CF Engine Bay Shrouds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Does the Bluetooth update allow jb4 or ecutek gauges?

2016+ Premium, JB4+fuel wires+meth, BMS HE, Z1 full catless DPs, Megan Y-pipe. 18" TSW's with 275/40/18's all around. [email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yes. Bluetooth 5 will be fully accessible by all ODB2 devices.
TemjinX2 likes this.

2017 Iridium Blue Infiniti Q60 3.0t Sport - EMM Tuning CF Rear Spoiler, Front Splitter, CF Grill and Fog Light Surround - Chrome Delete - Tanabe Medallion Touring Axle Back Exhaust - Phoenix Android Radio - Tesla Style Screen Mark II - AMS Cold Air Intake - Synergy CF Engine Bay Shrouds

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Garage
So just something I want to clarify. Frank doesn't sell these units but has gone to bat for the community to help the vendor actually develop and iterate their design over multiple product life cycles (over the last couple years) to make the product more user friendly for us. This is not an easy job (as anyone who has worked in product/software design can confirm) and I think a lot of us have taken the work Frank has done for granted.

I'm in the FB AV group and the FB Q50/Q60 group and I know things get tense there sometimes but I'd like to keep that tension off our forum. I personally am interested in these for my car but have held off purchasing due to various personal reasons none of which are related to Frank.
saboxerman and IridiumQ60Indy like this.

Red when moderating
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrage View Post
So just something I want to clarify. Frank doesn't sell these units but has gone to bat for the community to help the vendor actually develop and iterate their design over multiple product life cycles (over the last couple years) to make the product more user friendly for us. This is not an easy job (as anyone who has worked in product/software design can confirm) and I think a lot of us have taken the work Frank has done for granted.

I'm in the FB AV group and the FB Q50/Q60 group and I know things get tense there sometimes but I'd like to keep that tension off our forum. I personally am interested in these for my car but have held off purchasing due to various personal reasons none of which are related to Frank.

Thanks man. As you said, I don’t sell these things. I’m pretty happy with how the M3 is headed! I’ll post videos when I get the actual unit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
testrage likes this.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Garage
Yep, he sure doesn't sell them, but he's going to be primarily who you're dealing with. And with Phoenix's customer service as poor as it is, once you're banned from the page it's going to be extremely difficult for you to get support.

I'll keep my personal dealings with Frank off of the forum, but if anyone would like to PM me I'd be glad to tell you about the ridiculous details. That's just my warning to potential customers as I've seen it happen multiple times on the A/V page. Beware. That's the last I'll say on it.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 08:36 PM

I'm a bit frustrated as I'm on my 3rd MK2 and it's going back again. I really want an MK3 but really don't want to risk having to tear it apart should I have issues again. That said I can replace a unit with my eyes closed lol.
spyderman7000 likes this.

2016+ Premium, JB4+fuel wires+meth, BMS HE, Z1 full catless DPs, Megan Y-pipe. 18" TSW's with 275/40/18's all around. [email protected]

|
|
|
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yeah, there is no doubt that these units have had issues. Personally, I think they tried to cut corners on shipping with the Mark 2, as previous units had a lot more packing. Shipping a fragile unit like this around the world with not enough packing is just looking for trouble. I have been working with Alex since the very first Mark 1, and they have come a long way, but there are still some units that have hardware issues. I wont make excuses for Phoenix's customer support, but they do try to do a good job even though they come up short. I will say this, most people I have talked to have been able to either get a working unit, or get their money back. If you call or write Phoenix, I would suggest asking if they will allow you to return your unit and credit it towards a Mark III. PM me your information, and I will send it to him directly. Out of curiosity, what were the issues with your M2?

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:41 AM

Unit 1- would get stuck in update mode. Would randomly have green lines on the screen. Would swing the AC back and forth from full fan to no fan and low temp to high temp.
Unit 2- received unit with a partially delaminated screen. Screen was not as bright as unit 1 and couldn't adjust brightness. Ac control issues same as unit 1.
Unit 3- whenever the large white piggyback harness was connected it would turn on my hazards and you could not turn them off unless you disconnected the unit and put the OEM unit back in and pressed the hazard button.

Extremely frustrating to say the least.

|
|
|
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks man! I will see what I can do!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page