Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

My 2017 Q60S with CarPlay

18K views 55 replies 21 participants last post by  Cdnq60 
#1 ·
Thought I would upload some shots of the upgrade I installed running CarPlay and other stuff. So far, everything is very usable in my personal opinion. Touch works great. The spinner in the console works along with the back button. Sounds as good as stock to me, but I don't have the most disconcerting ear.

Its an Android based unit that has an add-on USB dongle that gives it CarPlay and Android Auto. Carplay will work wired or wireless. Android Auto is wired only. I haven't played with Android Auto since Im an Apple guy. But, you can also run it as a self powered Android unit. No phone needed. But in order to get full use that way you need to at least have a hotspot for internet access. It does all the things youd expect from an Android OS. Video in motion, streaming audio and video. Pretty much anything available in the Play store. Oh, it is also supposed to do screen mirroring. Havent played with that yet.

If anyone is interested I can put you in touch with the guy selling these units. Im not part of the sales and don't stand to make anything. I would and have recommended this to my best friend that also has a Q60, FWIW.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It wasn't too bad. Took a couple of hours. I could probably do it quicker the second time around.

#8 · (Edited)
Bottom Right is Vacuum/Boost. That's Torque Pro running off of a Bluetooth ODBII unit.

Reactions: Bevo
#10 ·
Totally enjoying it! Appreciate the outstand sales and support!

The wireless CarPlay starts and auto connects now like it came with the car.

#13 ·
I don't have 360 but everything stock still works as before. Backup cam works fine.

Cant send you a private. Says you cant receive them.

#23 ·
The both use the same screen. Just that the cars with navigation have 2 or 3 more connectors in the back of the upper screen and an additional navigation control module mounted behind the lower screen. Other than that it's all the same and both models use the same resolution screens.

#32 ·
#34 ·
#43 ·
Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I'm seriously considering purchasing a used 18 or 19 Q60 as my daily driver. However, the only way I will do so is if I am able to add Android Auto to the system. So, I'm happy to have found this post and see some hope! For those who have ordered and installed this, how is it working for you? I know Android Auto is wired only. Does the touch screen function work or do you have to use the wheel on the console? Does anyone have information about the installation process? Thanks for any help you can provide.

#44 ·
Does anyone have information about the installation process? Thanks for any help you can provide.
The install isn’t too bad. Should take you a couple of hours if you are at all mechanically inclined. Tai can link you to some videos that help out a lot and he can probably answer any questions if you get stuck. The system works with all the controls. Steering wheel, console spinner, and touch. I’d say it’s as close to a factory experience as you can get from after-market.

Reactions: Heelsfan78
#47 ·
I got the interface one for my q50 about 4 months ago. Love it, don’t regret it at all to have Apple CarPlay on the top screen instead of the useless default maps.

Only bug I keep running into is that about half the time it doesn’t connect automatically when I get into the car. Not a big deal, just have to go to bluetooth settings and tap on Joyeauto to connect.

#48 ·
I got the interface one for my q50 about 4 months ago. Love it, don’t regret it at all to have Apple CarPlay on the top screen instead of the useless default maps.

Only bug I keep running into is that about half the time it doesn’t connect automatically when I get into the car. Not a big deal, just have to go to bluetooth settings and tap on Joyeauto to connect.
Can you connect/display Ecutek?

Q60 FTW

#51 ·
Tablet version is in shock here:

Reactions: DAV4COOL
#54 ·
Planning to ge the SAK Tablet version. It stated in their website that your order will come with installation video. However, I'd like to view prior to buying just to make sure I can do it myself.

Anyone bought any unit and can post/share the installation video?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.