User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I think I was raped (stealership oil change)

I went to the stealership to have my oil change and I about hit the floor when they told me the price.. Well let me say it like this when I had my G35 07 I used to pay about 50 bucks to get an oil change.. synthetic oil 30 weight if I remember correctly.. So I show up with the 2018 Q60 RWD and I told the tech I would like to get an oil change and they said cool... to make a longer story short they tell me i need a brake flush and change air filters and in cabin filter. I told them no thank you perhaps next time.

So I get ready to pay and service tech tells me 75.00 Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for oil.. So they give me the break down
1 Washer Drain = 0.26
1 01M0B Plug Drain = 7.74 (what did they do with the one they just un-screwed?)
6 10W20 Mobil 1 super synthetic = 7.20 (total; 43.20)

So my question is how much do you guys (gals) pay for an oil change? I think I might need some oil for my butt, because I think I was Fu*ked!

Drive it like you stole it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
That price is about right. Last time I went in for an oil change for my Q50RS I looked online for Infiniti oil change coupons and found one for $10 off. I had also called ahead about price and they did the same thing to me on the raised price so I informed him that wasn't was I was quoted over the phone so he honored the 49.99 I told him and then he also took the $10 off for the online coupon.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Oh ok.. thanks for the information. The service tech told me next time if you can get the oil cheaper bring it with me. Just call in advance and let her know and she will only charge me labor. The next time. I'm gonna buy my oil and change it myself.. I just need some jack stands, but I'm always nervous getting under a car on jack stands.

One thing I can't figure out why do they dis-guard the drain plug?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokeas View Post
Oh ok.. thanks for the information. The service tech told me next time if you can get the oil cheaper bring it with me. Just call in advance and let her know and she will only charge me labor. The next time. I'm gonna buy my oil and change it myself.. I just need some jack stands, but I'm always nervous getting under a car on jack stands.

One thing I can't figure out why do they dis-guard the drain plug?
It's common practice for the washer to be replaced, but I've never heard of the drain plug being replaced. My dealership charges around $40 before taxes. They replaced the washer but not the drain plug.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have never heard of the drain plug been placed in the trash.. Too me that sounds crazy

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Garage
$75 is about what I paid but it wasn't really a big deal because my GTR oil changes used to be much more (until I started bringing in the oil and the filter).

That's definitely a route I would recommend going if you can since places likes O'reillys, Autozone, Walmart, etc regularly have some really good deals on different oil brands to where it can sometimes be much cheaper to buy a much better synthetic oil and bring it with you.

Filters can be found for around $6 (maybe that's what they mean by the drain plug since I don't see an oil filter in the list) and can save you a little more while the crush washer can be found for a few cents less if you really want to save on that as well.

I change my oil once a year so it seems like more work than I care for for me to get everything and then drive the 2hrs to my dealership just so they can change the oil so I just let 'em take care of the entire thing (this year was the first time I actually paid for the oil change so it's not been too bad for me).
Bevo Horn likes this.

Red when moderating
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I pay about 90-100 at my local Infiniti dealer for synthetic oil changes depending on finding a coupon or not
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah I get mobile One Synthetic oil by a big a5S 5 gallon container ($25 last time on sale) along with a single quart and take to the dealer. Did this for years back when Infiniti didn't carry Synthetic oil. They told me recently I could bring my own filter so if you guys recommend a great one, I order it up. Oh since I'm at it, what Air Filters do you guys like???

- Omenx

2017 Q60 RWD Red Sport 400 Pure White / Graphite Leather Interior / Carbon Fiber
Every option except WiFi and the new Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
Tinted Windows, Debadged, Black Wrapped front spoiler lip and Chrome Blackout
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Garage
[QUOTE=Brokeas;172954The next time. I'm gonna buy my oil and change it myself.. I just need some jack stands, but I'm always nervous getting under a car on jack stands. [/QUOTE]

Get some Rhino Ramps. You'll need to use a 2x4 behind the ramp to raise the car before it goes up the ramp, otherwise the front air diverters in front of the front wheel will push the ramp along. Makes working under the car very secure.

Oh, and the Rhino Ramps store in a compact way - one will fit right over the other, so they take up very little storage space when not in use.
gipsonke likes this.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Iridium Blue / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / Infiniti Sport Mats / FI Full Catted DPs & CBE / Stoptech Trophy BBK FR & RR w/SS-Braided Brake Lines / Infiniti HE / Infiniti Intakes / Ecutek Tune / BMS Pedal Tuner / Infiniti Radiant Sport Grille / EMM Tuning CF Foglight Finishers / CF Duckbill RR Spoiler / Mishimoto OCC
/ Future: AMS HPFP / AMS CF DS / Z1 LSD / Stillen Rear Stab
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumRS400 View Post
Get some Rhino Ramps. You'll need to use a 2x4 behind the ramp to raise the car before it goes up the ramp, otherwise the front air diverters in front of the front wheel will push the ramp along. Makes working under the car very secure.

Oh, and the Rhino Ramps store in a compact way - one will fit right over the other, so they take up very little storage space when not in use.

Sweet I will look into those. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page