User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Engine swaps

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of a direct engine swap you can do to the 2014 Q60 IPL Infiniti.

Or is it possible to do a engine swap from a newer Infiniti Q60 to the 2014 model.

I have a 2014 IPL manual transmission 3.7L Q60. Really sad it doesn’t have turbo and in the future will want to swap the engine out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum! Honestly, your best bet is just to turbo the VQ37 you have in your Q60. They respond very well to turbocharging when done right although you should also build up the transmission and make sure you have the correct supporting mods..BBK, etc.

The VR30TT engine may fit but will cost a lot more to integrate in even though I heard some tuner has just done it with a 370z while keeping the manual transmission.

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrage View Post
Welcome to the forum! Honestly, your best bet is just to turbo the VQ37 you have in your Q60. They respond very well to turbocharging when done right although you should also build up the transmission and make sure you have the correct supporting mods..BBK, etc.

The VR30TT engine may fit but will cost a lot more to integrate in even though I heard some tuner has just done it with a 370z while keeping the manual transmission.

Hey thanks for shooting me a response!!! I hope this isn’t a stupid question as I’m kind of new to this stuff but can we turbo the 3.7 engine in the 2014 q60.

I have been searching for the last few days for Kits for it. But all I find is superchargers for The car.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aialvarado92 View Post
Hey thanks for shooting me a response!!! I hope this isn’t a stupid question as I’m kind of new to this stuff but can we turbo the 3.7 engine in the 2014 q60.

I have been searching for the last few days for Kits for it. But all I find is superchargers for The car.
Yep, there are plenty of vendors. These are just a few I found doing a quick search and picking the more reputable shops -

https://aamcompetition.com/i-1895633...er-system.html

https://conceptzperformance.com/aam-...31_p_17698.php

https://www.amsmotorsports.com/ind/3...n-key-kit.html

Here's a link to the G37 forum that might help. That forum will also have a lot more info if you do turbo your car -

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...o-install.html

Red when moderating
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Garage
What do you think about LS or 2J swapping, @testrage? I'm pretty sure I just blew a rod in mine and I'm wondering how much $$$ it'll cost to swap it out.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman7000 View Post
What do you think about LS or 2J swapping, @testrage? I'm pretty sure I just blew a rod in mine and I'm wondering how much $$$ it'll cost to swap it out.
Not sure tbh although LS engines can be bought for really cheap so that could work out if you can do all the fabrication yourself but then there's a ton more to get it to work flawlessly. That said, I think either option would probably be more expensive than rebuilding your engine

Red when moderating
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
probably easier to do 2jz or ls swap for a q60/g37. Yes the vr30 will mechanically fit...but it will be a wiring nightmare to get the vr30 to talk to the g37/q60 canbus system. There's another guy doing a vr30 swap into a g35 you can try contacting him.

i wouldn't try it on a daily driver. if you just want FI power...i would just go vortech supercharger and call it a day.

Current ride: 2017 BMW M2 6spd

Last cars
2018 Q60 Redsport AWD

2008 BMW 335xi AWD

2014 Subaru WRX AWD

2003 G35 RWD

2002 Mercedes C32 AMG RWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page