Garage
(Thread Starter)
Mod Friendly Dealerships

INFINITI of San Antonio

https://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/178714-post85.html

*** MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK ***
gipsonke likes this.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit

Last edited by Bevo Horn; 09-05-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Infiniti of Massapequa Long Island NY
Bevo Horn likes this.

2018 Platinum Graphite Q60 AWD
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Infiniti of Coconut Creek. located in Coconut Creek, Florida
Bevo Horn likes this.

Drive it like you stole it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
i would say name of dealership and name of a good service advisor you worked with. not all service advisors are mod friendly.

Current ride: 2017 BMW M2 6spd

Last cars
2018 Q60 Redsport AWD

2008 BMW 335xi AWD

2014 Subaru WRX AWD

2003 G35 RWD

2002 Mercedes C32 AMG RWD
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
i would say name of dealership and name of a good service advisor you worked with. not all service advisors are mod friendly.
The service advisor is not the boss of me and the service advisor does have a boss, several in fact.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
My 2c. Be careful with listing dealerships and their service departments that are mod friendly. If Infiniti or these dealerships find out about this list, they may change their internal policies resulting in plenty of folks getting screwed over.

While many dealerships do not have a significant web presence (i.e. going around searching for mentions, etc), Infiniti does and may use the presence of a dealership on this list to question every "warranty" charge the dealer tries to put through to them. I know that's not the intention but that's how it worked when I was employed by NNA. My other experiences within the automotive sector shows this to be the norm.
Omenx, Bevo Horn and JakeFromLI like this.

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo Horn View Post
The service advisor is not the boss of me and the service advisor does have a boss, several in fact.
yeah but there other SA's that know how to word things better when submitting warranty claims. Thats my personal experience from other platforms like BMW's and subarus

There plently of other forums on other platforms that have similar threads.

Last cars
2018 Q60 Redsport AWD

2008 BMW 335xi AWD

2014 Subaru WRX AWD

2003 G35 RWD

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testrage View Post
My 2c. Be careful with listing dealerships and their service departments that are mod friendly. If Infiniti or these dealerships find out about this list, they may change their internal policies resulting in plenty of folks getting screwed over.

While many dealerships do not have a significant web presence (i.e. going around searching for mentions, etc), Infiniti does and may use the presence of a dealership on this list to question every "warranty" charge the dealer tries to put through to them. I know that's not the intention but that's how it worked when I was employed by NNA. My other experiences within the automotive sector shows this to be the norm.

given how small the sales of q60s are...i really there someone from doubt infiniti corporate scanning the forums. Most dealerships dont care since there being paid from infiniti corporate to do the work.

Dealerships / corporate usually only really start investing when you start trying commit fraud by saying your cars totally stock when you have youtube videos of you modding your car lol.

this isn't a list for people to committ fraud on but rather list of dealerships that know about cars well enough to know for example a intake won't make the engine throw a rod.

Last cars
2018 Q60 Redsport AWD

2008 BMW 335xi AWD

2014 Subaru WRX AWD

2003 G35 RWD

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
given how small the sales of q60s are...i really there someone from doubt infiniti corporate scanning the forums. Most dealerships dont care since there being paid from infiniti corporate to do the work.

Dealerships / corporate usually only really start investing when you start trying commit fraud by saying your cars totally stock when you have youtube videos of you modding your car lol.

this isn't a list for people to committ fraud on but rather list of dealerships that know about cars well enough to know for example a intake won't make the engine throw a rod.
I hear you. The combined Q50 & Q60 volumes while not high might still be high enough to justify Infiniti maintaining a low-key presence on the various forums and FB groups (which they do) in order to hear what their customers are saying. They could leverage this existing presence in other directions given their current financial situation.

I know there are dealerships that can be trusted to know an intake might not be the reason the engine threw a rod (assuming just intake and no tune or other mods), but I don't know that I trust the consumer to not go to a dealership on such a list and demand that they fix a car under warranty after it was modded well past OEM specifications just because the dealership fixed a long time customer's car (because of that existing relationship) that had a similar failure or fixed a new customer's car to build a relationship.

It's a slippery slope and human entitlement is the worst form of parasitic entanglement imho & second to none in my experience....like the guy on the GTR forums who launched his car 20 times in a row and then demanded the dealership and NNA replace his broken transmission just because others with much less abuse were replaced.

Please don't misunderstand me. I definitely think this list is useful and will be invaluable to many members. I'm just a little concerned about potential fallout or the possibility of it backfiring on the dealership and the consumer who builds an actual relationship with these dealers.
TemjinX2 likes this.

Red when moderating
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member

Last edited by testrage; 09-05-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page