• 2 Post By Dzazter

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
AFE Takeda Catback Exhaust

Does anyone have any experience with this catback? Any sound clips? I can't find much info on this catback but it seems like a decent option. I found it for a little under $1.5k and that's with the Carbon fiber tips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191028-193019_eBay.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	21804  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
I have heard it in person. Straight pipe with resonators only and extremely loud. Too loud for my taste.

'18 Q60 RS400 FI CBE
'14 Q50S
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
I use their y-pipe and mid-pipe pieces with the resonators connected to the Infiniti Motorsports Helmholtz exhaust. It is fairly loud at cold start, but quiets down nicely. I like it quite a lot (I wish it were slightly louder at idle and low, but hey, tiny turbos).

I have only heard sound clips (on their Instagram) of the full setup, but it did not sound too different. That being said, sound clips are usually quite inaccurate, in my experience.

2017 Q60 AWD - 414 whp, 494 wtq [Red Alpha Cold Air Intake Kit, Red Alpha Heat Exchanger, Red Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank, Red Alpha Auxiliary Coolant Tank, Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, Infiniti Akebono Big Brake Kit, Infiniti Q60 Helmholtz Sport Exhaust, aFe Power Y-pipe/Mid-pipe resonated, Red Alpha Lower Downpipes, Red Alpha Aluminum AWD Driveshaft, AMS Red Alpha Tune, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S + VS Forged VS02 Brushed Bronze - F:255/40R19 / R:295/35R19]

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WShade View Post
I have heard it in person. Straight pipe with resonators only and extremely loud. Too loud for my taste.
Awesome thanks for the info! Definitely want something more lowkey, I think I'm going to stick with the Stillen catback
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmby View Post
I use their y-pipe and mid-pipe pieces with the resonators connected to the Infiniti Motorsports Helmholtz exhaust. It is fairly loud at cold start, but quiets down nicely. I like it quite a lot (I wish it were slightly louder at idle and low, but hey, tiny turbos).

I have only heard sound clips (on their Instagram) of the full setup, but it did not sound too different. That being said, sound clips are usually quite inaccurate, in my experience.
Thanks for the info! I did check out their IG and while I think it sounds good! I don't want something too loud so I think I'm going to have to pass on it
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM

Consider this, go to a local shop and have them install dual Magnaflow Magnapacks. (sp?) piped back to 2 tips of your choice. Sounds great while on the throttle and pretty much quiet at any cruising speed. I’ve had people tell me it sounds amazing. Had one person say it sounded a lot like a GTR. YMMV. Depending on the tips you choose it should total out the door for $500 or less.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzazter View Post
Consider this, go to a local shop and have them install dual Magnaflow Magnapacks. [...] Sounds great while on the throttle and pretty much quiet at any cruising speed. I’ve had people tell me it sounds amazing.
You cannot tease us like that without providing some audio clips ... (as much as I usually dislike Magnaflow, I would love to hear that setup).

2017 Q60 AWD - 414 whp, 494 wtq [Red Alpha Cold Air Intake Kit, Red Alpha Heat Exchanger, Red Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank, Red Alpha Auxiliary Coolant Tank, Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, Infiniti Akebono Big Brake Kit, Infiniti Q60 Helmholtz Sport Exhaust, aFe Power Y-pipe/Mid-pipe resonated, Red Alpha Lower Downpipes, Red Alpha Aluminum AWD Driveshaft, AMS Red Alpha Tune, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S + VS Forged VS02 Brushed Bronze - F:255/40R19 / R:295/35R19]
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 10:01 AM

Q60 RS Magnaflow Magnapack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmby View Post
You cannot tease us like that without providing some audio clips ... (as much as I usually dislike Magnaflow, I would love to hear that setup).
Fair enough. Here ya go.

What really surprised me is my girlfriend even liked it. She is not at all usually a ‘car girl’ type. Now she is talking about an exhaust for her Lexus. Lol

See if this works -

https://vocaroo.com/i/s02qEjn6XfGO

4” dual Magnaflow Magnpacks through 2-1/2’” pipe
WShade and Malmby like this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Those dual Magnas sound great! I had a Tanabe Touring muff under the rear end which sounded nice, but wanted to try something a bit more aggressive, so I replaced the Tanabe with 2.5" open tailpipes. Sound is throatier at idle and at full throttle, but similar to the Tanabe and oem sound at steady cruise so conversation/stereo levels are not affected. There is a very slight drone at 2K-2.2K rpm, but not objectionable at all (no complaints from wife!). Rest of my exh system remains stock. Here is a blurry vid (f-fwd to 0:52 for revs):
Have fun choosing your exh!
~

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
BMS CAI
JB4 Module
Tanabe Strut Tower Brace
Tanabe Medalion Touring Axle-back Exh
20" Forgestar F14 Whls
DIY OCC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement