Installed two simple mods that will work on Q60's too - Infiniti Q60 Forum
User Tag List

 3Likes
  • 1 Post By pdqgp
  • 1 Post By 1701-64D
  • 1 Post By pdqgp
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
pdqgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Installed two simple mods that will work on Q60's too

Installed an LED Light strip in the trunk to replace the abismal single light they put in there. Way way brighter and can be positioned more towards the center of the trunk to illuminate things in the back. I positioned mine about the same as stock though. Now I can see in the **** trunk at night!

Also put in a nice little tray and second level of storage in the center console. The only drawback to this tray is that if you're currently using a USB Stick or iPod plugged into the console, it won't work. It does have about 1/4" clearance when installed to allow a nice charging cable or two to be routed out of the console and along side the center console and passenger seat. That's how I route one to my phone at least. You will also retain the use of the small shelf that already exists in the back of the console. I keep my pennies in that tray.

Both well worth the additional costs.

Light bar:



Console Tray:


testrage likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Midnight Black Metallic Infiniti AWD Q50S RedSport
2018 Ruby Red Metallic Lincoln MK-C Reserve | AWD 2.3l EcoBoost - Wife's
2001 Patriot Blue Pearl Jeep Cherokee Limited - Son's
2014 Brilliant Black S4| S-Tronic | 187mm APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley & APR TCU Tunes | APR CPS - 480hp/440tq - SOLD
pdqgp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator
 
testrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,958
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
Also put in a nice little tray and second level of storage in the center console. The only drawback to this tray is that if you're currently using a USB Stick or iPod plugged into the console, it won't work. It does have about 1/4" clearance when installed to allow a nice charging cable or two to be routed out of the console and along side the center console and passenger seat. That's how I route one to my phone at least. You will also retain the use of the small shelf that already exists in the back of the console. I keep my pennies in that tray.

Console Tray: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
There is a console tray available for our Q60s that doesn't sit over the USB/AV input area. I bought it off Ebay last year. Fit is good although not perfect and it doesn't sit all the way down i.e. flush like I would prefer. But it gave me a second layer of storage and is compartmentalized with rubber/silicone mats. I couldn't find the same one I have but I found this one if you're interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Center-...daXaOE&vxp=mtr

With a layer of felt adhered to the plastic pieces, it would probably look OEM.

Btw, thanks for the link to the lights. I haven't had occasion to open the trunk when it's dark outside but I'm going to have to check it out now and decide if I want the additional light.

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
testrage is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
pdqgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrage View Post
There is a console tray available for our Q60s that doesn't sit over the USB/AV input area. I bought it off Ebay last year. Fit is good although not perfect and it doesn't sit all the way down i.e. flush like I would prefer. But it gave me a second layer of storage and is compartmentalized with rubber/silicone mats. I couldn't find the same one I have but I found this one if you're interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Center-...daXaOE&vxp=mtr

With a layer of felt adhered to the plastic pieces, it would probably look OEM.

Btw, thanks for the link to the lights. I haven't had occasion to open the trunk when it's dark outside but I'm going to have to check it out now and decide if I want the additional light.
Good find! I thought about simply dremeling out the one I have and lining it with felt in that area but I'm good with it as I use my phone and Bluetooth for music. The USB really does nothing for me. Thanks for the link though!

Light wise, the trunk one is perfect. I've seen longer ones but this one is spot on perfect for me and it was cheap. Why manufacturers don't do this from the start is beyond me. Crazy.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Midnight Black Metallic Infiniti AWD Q50S RedSport
2018 Ruby Red Metallic Lincoln MK-C Reserve | AWD 2.3l EcoBoost - Wife's
2001 Patriot Blue Pearl Jeep Cherokee Limited - Son's
2014 Brilliant Black S4| S-Tronic | 187mm APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley & APR TCU Tunes | APR CPS - 480hp/440tq - SOLD
pdqgp is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator
 
testrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,958
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
Good find! I thought about simply dremeling out the one I have and lining it with felt in that area but I'm good with it as I use my phone and Bluetooth for music. The USB really does nothing for me. Thanks for the link though!
Yeah, I use the usb so I couldn't cover it even though my usb dongle is low profile.

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
testrage is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 01:05 PM
Senior Member
 
1701-64D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
I just popped one of these in the trunk receptacle. Major improvement with no mods required.

Philips 127916000KB2 194 Bright White Interior Vision LED light, 2 Pack


Bevo Horn likes this.
1701-64D is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
pdqgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-64D View Post
I just popped one of these in the trunk receptacle. Major improvement with no mods required.

Philips 127916000KB2 194 Bright White Interior Vision LED light, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017VORB7M..._ANhHAbR4R8D3E

Cool for the factory look. However, no mods are needed on the LED Strip either. Plug and play as the end is the same as the stock bulb only it has a wire attached so that you can located the LED Strip within a foot in any direction.
1701-64D likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Midnight Black Metallic Infiniti AWD Q50S RedSport
2018 Ruby Red Metallic Lincoln MK-C Reserve | AWD 2.3l EcoBoost - Wife's
2001 Patriot Blue Pearl Jeep Cherokee Limited - Son's
2014 Brilliant Black S4| S-Tronic | 187mm APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley & APR TCU Tunes | APR CPS - 480hp/440tq - SOLD
pdqgp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome