Interior Cup Holder Lights for Silver Sports - Page 3 - Infiniti Q60 Forum
User Tag List

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
i have a 2017 infiniti q60 3.0t premium. will it fit and where can i get it, i cant find it anywhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandipbindra13 View Post
i have a 2017 infiniti q60 3.0t premium. will it fit and where can i get it, i cant find it anywhere
Read the thread man. Your answers are up there.
testrage likes this.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
PM @di_parts
di_parts likes this.

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Quote:

Whew, older thread. Forgot about this one. This was prior to us being a vendor here.

But, I usually have these on the shelf. Will have to check price. PM if interested. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyur Patel View Post
Hey everyone, I'm the Q50 guy who's been trying to wire up the cup holder to my car. I've tapped into multiple sets of wires (including my ambient lighting kit wires), but the assembly barely lights up.

We just have to see where the Q60 wires lead to so we can have a better idea as to where to tap into. It's not a difficult install but finding the right wires is the most difficult part.

Sid and I discussed tapping into the audio wires since those are 12v, but that would make the install a bit harder since the pigtail connector doesn't have wires that are long enough. It would also mean tapping wires behind the dashboard.
Hey Keyur,

It's been a while since I've been on here and I don't have enough posts to dm you. Did you ever figure this upgrade/mod out for your Q50? I'm really interested in doing this to mine.

2017 Q50 3.0T Premium Plus
Graphite Shadow/Stone
Mods: None...yet!

2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP SOLD

Screaming Yellow/Black
Build #: 1368 of 3985 (1 of 253)
Mods: Euro grill, Hella Dynabeams, Steeda sts, Saleen Mustang S281 shift knob, Steeda floor mats, CFM shorty antenna, Green Filter drop-in, Ford Edge rear wiper, Weathertech in-channel window deflectors, Foglight hack, Centric High Carbon Performance rotors, Hawk HPS Street brake pads
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesys View Post
Quote:
Hey everyone, I'm the Q50 guy who's been trying to wire up the cup holder to my car. I've tapped into multiple sets of wires (including my ambient lighting kit wires), but the assembly barely lights up.

We just have to see where the Q60 wires lead to so we can have a better idea as to where to tap into. It's not a difficult install but finding the right wires is the most difficult part.

Sid and I discussed tapping into the audio wires since those are 12v, but that would make the install a bit harder since the pigtail connector doesn't have wires that are long enough. It would also mean tapping wires behind the dashboard.
Hey Keyur,

It's been a while since I've been on here and I don't have enough posts to dm you. Did you ever figure this upgrade/mod out for your Q50? I'm really interested in doing this to mine.
Hey, yes I did figure it out but it may be too much work to be worth it. I tapped into the glove box light and ran the wire into the center console under the cupholder assembly (requires taking apart the glovebox assembly and parts of the dashboard). The pigtail connector under the cupholder assembly that Sid provided made it easier to tap into.

The steps for the Q60 are much easier from what I’ve read, it’s plug and play but the Q50 requires running and splicing your own wires.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I tapped into the glove box light and ran the wire into the center console under the cupholder assembly (requires taking apart the glovebox assembly and parts of the dashboard). The pigtail connector under the cupholder assembly that Sid provided made it easier to tap into.
I know you were having some issues with the lights working but being too dim. Were you able to fix that issue by tapping into the glove box light? Also, by tapping into the glove box light, did that affect the cupholder light activation? Did it come on/go off when you turned on/off the Acc or headlights? Thanks man.

2017 Q50 3.0T Premium Plus
Graphite Shadow/Stone
Mods: None...yet!

2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP SOLD

Screaming Yellow/Black
Build #: 1368 of 3985 (1 of 253)
Mods: Euro grill, Hella Dynabeams, Steeda sts, Saleen Mustang S281 shift knob, Steeda floor mats, CFM shorty antenna, Green Filter drop-in, Ford Edge rear wiper, Weathertech in-channel window deflectors, Foglight hack, Centric High Carbon Performance rotors, Hawk HPS Street brake pads
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesys View Post
Quote:
I tapped into the glove box light and ran the wire into the center console under the cupholder assembly (requires taking apart the glovebox assembly and parts of the dashboard). The pigtail connector under the cupholder assembly that Sid provided made it easier to tap into.
I know you were having some issues with the lights working but being too dim. Were you able to fix that issue by tapping into the glove box light? Also, by tapping into the glove box light, did that affect the cupholder light activation? Did it come on/go off when you turned on/off the Acc or headlights? Thanks man.
Tapping into the glovebox light fixed the issue of it being too dim. The cupholder lights only came on with the headlights, same activation as the glovebox light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page