LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 12:37 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajDuty View Post
How about wind noise, do any of you have what seems like too much wind noise coming from the top window/weather stripping area?

I've had a couple different weather stripping issues since the car was new (one was torn the other routed incorrectly) and even though they are now "fixed" there is still a whole lot of wind noise emanating from the top window area when traveling above 50 MPH. Visually, everything looks as it should be.

I haven't had a chance to ride as a passenger to hear if it is the same on both sides. I expected a vehicle like this to be a lot quieter than it is but maybe it's just my lucky vehicle with the issue.
I do not have the same experience, mine is very quiet still. You might need your window rails adjusted if the glass isn't sealing against the weather strip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 INFINITI Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD // 2015 INFINITI Q50 Sport AWD // 2003 INFINITI G35 Sport Coupe // 1985 Nissan 300ZX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Rattles...
I have those in my soon to be gone q50 - they replaced passenger's seat frame assembly, seat belt assembly, passenger side visor (mirror rattled), still rattles from pass side - can not wait to rid of this otherwise close to perfect car.
I even had to escalate to Japan's office since US paper pusher did 'nottin beside saying "I understand your concerns" - only then regional tech fixed few things, but not all...soon to be my yet another ex...
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brn_doc View Post
I have had my Q60 Red Sport for 5 mos. I also have some rattles.

1. Passenger seat rattles when going over bumps when NO ONE is sitting in seat. I do not think it is coming from the head rest but instead from the seat itself.
2. Rattle in gauge cluster when car has been left out on hot day. No rattle on cool days or when AC has car cooled. I sounds like rubbing plastic as u go over a bump. I suspect the heat is causing some expansion and causing 2 pieces to rub
3. I also have a difficult to localize slight rattle that be from the kids car seat in the back.

I plan on bringing the car in for #1 and #2 when it gets consistently hotter outside so they can reproduce #2.

Annoying that I have these rattles on a 60+k car... but I guess with the crap ass run flats and stiff suspension some rattling would be expected.
My passenger seat is doing the same thing now. Did you find a fix?

I also have the wind noise from the upper part of the window.

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I had total 4 annoying rattles but I fixed 2 of them. ( clips that holds floor mat and railing cap under the seat )

Now I still have two big rattles. One comes from around center screen ( Not exatly sure where it comes from.) The other comes from the glove box. If I open it, the rattle sound noticably becomes louder.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 08:46 PM

Quick question..

Does the light in the glove box go off when the glove box is closed?

I took out the glove box and found multiful components that might generate rattles and attached double sided smooth pad on those but when I tried to put the globe box back, I noticed that the light never goes off even if the glove box is closed.

Can anybody confirm?
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban Park View Post
Quick question..

Does the light in the glove box go off when the glove box is closed?

I took out the glove box and found multiful components that might generate rattles and attached double sided smooth pad on those but when I tried to put the globe box back, I noticed that the light never goes off even if the glove box is closed.

Can anybody confirm?
Pretty sure the light goes off when the door is closed. You never noticed the light on before did you?

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo Horn View Post
Pretty sure the light goes off when the door is closed. You never noticed the light on before did you?
I never noticed about the light because I did not really pay attention.
Do you know which part triggers the light turn off?
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban Park View Post
I never noticed about the light because I did not really pay attention.
Do you know which part triggers the light turn off?
I replaced my glove box light with an LED. During that process, it seemed that the light stayed on for a while whenever the doors were opened, just like the exterior door handle lights and ground lighting, if installed. After that period, I know the glove box light comes on when the headlights are on, but I'm not sure if it stays on or is triggered by opening the glove box. Maybe try opening the passenger door and the glove box when the car is off and see if the light goes out after a few minutes.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad126 View Post
Anyone else dealing with rattles in the Q60? My first was the day I drove it off the lot, there was an audible rattle coming from behind the driver side pillar where the seatbelt is. The dealer determined it's in the pillar somewhere but haven't been able to correct it. They've offered to replace the entire pillar but it actually wraps all the way around the back seat, so speakers etc. need to be removed. Figured this would cause more unexpected rattles, so I let it go and try to deal with it.

Another annoying rattle I noticed yesterday is coming from the ashtray area. You can replicate the rattle by opening the ashtray door and pushing down on the interior tray. I'll bring it in to the dealer for this as well but was curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

I expect rattles down the road, they come with the territory of firm suspension etc. But with 1000 miles on her, this shouldn't be happening so early.
Were you able to fix the ashtray rattle? I went to the dealership to get it fixed as I had the same issue. Dealership said they added foam, and after the second visit, the sound went away. After driving for a week and thinking the issue was permanently gone, it came back yesterday .
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 03:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
A new rattle surfaced in the driver side window and lock controls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page