Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Visor Warning Label Removal

18K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  DRen72 
#1 ·
I've used a hot hair dryer to easily remove these in the past. They're not budging on the Red Sport. Anyone removed the warning labels from the visors on their Q60?

#4 · (Edited)
Yes, I put them on my C7 convertible. They aren't a perfect match, but in black they look a lot better than the yellow and black stickers.

Some of those reviews are just based upon falsehoods. They aren't vinyl, they are fabric, which is very similar to the visor fabric on our RS400. They are also the same size ( 4" x 6") as I the ones as used on my C7.

If you have a black interior, they will look good.

Reactions: Q60bob and Bevo
#5 · (Edited)
Edit timed out, so a little additional info. I just measured the Q stickers and found they are the same size as the C7. The covers for the C7 in that link will work equally well, and I ordered a set for our car.

Some reviewers were also complaining that they are larger than the sticker, but they're supposed to be to ensure you get full coverage.

#8 ·
They're scheduled to be delivered today, and if they're a close enough match, I'll install and post pictures.

Not the greatest picture, but here they are on my C7 vert.

Attachments

Reactions: Bevo
#11 ·
Can't really see the difference in the picture but that's just because it's dark, nonetheless, I'm sure it looks perfectly fine as black on black will work no matter what.

I don't think they get sold in autoparts stores because those warning labels are for safety reasons and people aren't really trying to sell anything to obstruct safety I guess

#12 ·
OK folks, DO NOT purchase these! They are vinyl and also too small for the Q60 stickers.

These are not what I purchased for my C7, which were matching cloth. I'll look around for an alternative. You can also try a Google search yourself, because I've seen these sold by several vendors over time on the Corvette Forum.

#15 ·
Tried to order these but the stupid bitch that sells them didn't like my email address. I give a different email address to every site I deal with usually some variation on their name, using a forwarding domain that forwards all emails sent to that domain to my inbox, so if I ever get spam from, say, infinitiq60@<fwd domain> I'll know you all got hacked, likewise if I got spam from svsol@<fwd domain> I'd know dumb bitch got hacked. Anyway she calls me up this morning complaining that my email address looks suspiciously like her business name, which I respond is correct and explain the anti-spam thing. She starts demanding to know what I do for a living and obviously can't grasp this concept so I tell her to just cancel the order.

Anywhere else these can be had from? LOL!

#17 ·
No problems ordering, twice now. I'm not concerned about getting spam messages from businesses. They're easy to deal with.

This is a reputable business that many on the Corvette Forum have used, and yours is the first complaint like this I've heard, but then again, you're going to greater lengths than the average person to keep yourself invisible. Good luck with that.
My order went through with confirmation from patricia@sunvisorsolutions.com :D

#16 ·
No problems ordering, twice now. I'm not concerned about getting spam messages from businesses. They're easy to deal with.

This is a reputable business that many on the Corvette Forum have used, and yours is the first complaint like this I've heard, but then again, you're going to greater lengths than the average person to keep yourself invisible. Good luck with that.

#20 · (Edited)
Prestige,

Yes, it's just a small family business, and I think Patricia is pretty much it. She probably didn't understand what Dragon was trying to do and got suspicious. For the average person, I can see why what it could be perceived as somewhat odd. She might have been suspicious that she was being scammed.

I also received a prompt email confirmation a few minutes after ordering. After ordering the C7 visor covers more than a year ago, I don't recall ever seeing another marketing email from them. This is the only product they sell, so it's not like they have other products to push to the same customer.

However, in this day and age, I certainly also understand concerns over hacking.

#21 ·
OT but it's not like this was the only place I've done that, I have an exchange rule that forwards any and all mail to a certain set of domains to my inbox, I can literally put anything any time in front of the @ sign and it gets to me so the email I gave the forums here is infinitiq60@... this has additional benefits past just the spam thing as any email from a particular business can be searched for just by searching the To: field for the email I only gave them. But yeah she calls me up and DEMANDS I tell her what I do for a living, **** off, I kinda hope she forgets to cancel the order and just doesn't ship it, and even if she does ship it I'm going to decline delivery and demand a full refund, would love to hit her with a CC dispute. It did escalate quickly but it's not my fault she can't understand tech, I did calmly and even friendly explain what I did and she still kept demanding over and over I tell her my job.

#23 · (Edited)
Received the visor covers I linked in post #14. They're great. It's hard to take a picture at night in a hardtop, so I had to use flash which is very harsh light, but even so the match is very close. You'll never notice the difference even during the day inside a black interior.

If you don't like them they'll peel off without leaving residue, and they're only $10. They're also a **** of a lot nicer than the airbag stickers.

Attachments

#29 · (Edited)
The fabric appearance and texture is virtually identical to the cloth covering of the OEM visors. The adhesive on the back is the 3M removable variety, but adherence is very good. You won't see any color difference from inside the car in natural light, but if you shine a bright light on them, you can see a slight difference. I think the two fabrics just reflect light slightly differently.

I think everyone who orders these will be pleased, and you sure can't complain about the price.

Reactions: Garnoch
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.