23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Question Hesitation on acceleration when stomping gas.

I've noticed that when stomping the gas (especially when rolling at say 60mph or higher) it seems like the transmission downshifts twice (sport mode or greater) and the engine RPMs shoot up but there is a delay for seemingly 1 full second before power is actually applied. I'm not too familiar with modern autos but I could replicate the behavior on a manual by simply holding the clutch in too long.

Is this a characteristic of our tranny and if so, do you foresee any tuning solutions down the road to fix it? I'm familiar with hardware like the pedalbox, that was a lifesaver on my S5 from a general throttle response standpoint but my Q's throttle response is fine, it seems like gear engagement is the problem but wanted to ask the hive mind.

Thanks!

---
18' DSR Q60 RS AWD - CeramicPro 9H Coated | XPEL Paint Protection Film | RSR Down Q60 AWD Springs | SPC UCAs | HRE FF15s 20x10F - 20x11R | HKS Legamax Cat-Back | Z1 Full High-Flow Catted Downpipes | AMS/Infiniti Intakes | HKS/Z1 BOVs | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Reservoir | Tuned by R/T via ECUTek = 459hp & 499tq @ Wheels on AWD Mustang Dyno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
bro.. I'm no engine tech guy, but all infinities do the same thing.. It was the same way on my G35 2007 infiniti.

Drive it like you stole it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
you're likely feeling the boost build and finally kick in after the downshift. it is an auto slushbox not a dual clutch so it does have a slight delay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Midnight Black Metallic Infiniti AWD Q50S RedSport
2018 Ruby Red Metallic Lincoln MK-C Reserve | AWD 2.3l EcoBoost - Wife's
2001 Patriot Blue Pearl Jeep Cherokee Limited - Son's
2014 Brilliant Black S4| S-Tronic | 187mm APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley & APR TCU Tunes | APR CPS - 480hp/440tq - SOLD

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokeas View Post
bro.. I'm no engine tech guy, but all infinities do the same thing.. It was the same way on my G35 2007 infiniti.

Brokeas speaks truth. On my 2011 G37S Coupe with the 7AT, acceleration lag was far worse. It's a characteristic that seems part of Infiniti/Nissan's DNA. Perhaps it has more to do with the torque converter then the tranny itself, but all I can do is guess.

2017 Majestic White Q60RS AWD - AMS Cold Air Intakes - FI Lower Downpipes - FI Resonated Catback Exhaust - Burger JP4 - SPL Upper Control Arms, SPC Rear Toe and Camber Arms - H&R TRAK DRS 15mm spacers - 19" Rohana RF2's
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe the insides of your 20x11 HREs are making contact with your struts
staying_tuned and Takumi like this.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo Horn View Post
Maybe the insides of your 20x11 HREs are making contact with your struts

(Yes, I know you addressed Logan)

No.. when I bought my G35 2007 with 4 miles on it brand new the car has a lag in it. The company knows about it but has not and probably will not address the issue. His 20x11 are not rubbing or touching.. I have the same size in the rear on my car and that is not the issue. If that was the case it would be a visual rub on the strut. Only car that probably doesn't have the lag is the GTR.

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokeas View Post
(Yes, I know you addressed Logan)

No.. when I bought my G35 2007 with 4 miles on it brand new the car has a lag in it. The company knows about it but has not and probably will not address the issue. His 20x11 are not rubbing or touching.. I have the same size in the rear on my car and that is not the issue. If that was the case it would be a visual rub on the strut. Only car that probably doesn't have the lag is the GTR.
Oddly enough they were rubbing which I realized while troubleshooting the cars tendency to slightly pull to the right when stomping the gas at high speed. This feels more like just a straight lag in gear engagement. Got the rubbing addressed yesterday, this engagement lag is still there. It isn't horrible.

It almost feels like if I stop short of the floor with the pedal, only requiring a single downshift, it responds much quicker.

---
18' DSR Q60 RS AWD - CeramicPro 9H Coated | XPEL Paint Protection Film | RSR Down Q60 AWD Springs | SPC UCAs | HRE FF15s 20x10F - 20x11R | HKS Legamax Cat-Back | Z1 Full High-Flow Catted Downpipes | AMS/Infiniti Intakes | HKS/Z1 BOVs | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Reservoir | Tuned by R/T via ECUTek = 459hp & 499tq @ Wheels on AWD Mustang Dyno
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staying_tuned View Post
Oddly enough they were rubbing which I realized while troubleshooting the cars tendency to slightly pull to the right when stomping the gas at high speed. This feels more like just a straight lag in gear engagement. Got the rubbing addressed yesterday, this engagement lag is still there. It isn't horrible.

It almost feels like if I stop short of the floor with the pedal, only requiring a single downshift, it responds much quicker.

bro the lag is not going away.. Only way to get rid of it is buy a different car other than an infiniti

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Garage
I keep waiting for word that Ecutek has cracked the TCM and will be offering a S/W flash accordingly...
staying_tuned likes this.

2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD Iridium Blue / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / Infiniti Sport Mats / FI Full Catted DPs & CBE / Stoptech Trophy BBK FR & RR / Infiniti HE / Infiniti Intakes / Ecutek Tune / BMS Pedal Tuner / Infiniti Radiant Sport Grille / EMM Tuning CF Foglight Finishers / CF Duckbill RR Spoiler / Mishimoto OCC / Stillen Rear Stab / Future: AMS LPFP & HPFP / AMS CF DS / Z1 LSD /
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
This post Got me thinking about the Burger Tuning pedal tuner I purchased almost immediately after getting my Q almost six months ago. I have to admit when my car was going crazy during the ECU relearn this weekend, I temporarily disabled the pedal tuner to see if that would help and I must say, the car was annoyingly UNdriveable as far as I am concerned.

That's how used I am to NOT have a delay. I found myself setting the tuner to more and more aggressive until its currently set (permanently) at MAX (red LED plus three).

Don't know if any of you are using it? I guess you don't need it with the Ecutek tune @IridiumRS400? Cause Seb probably took care of all that already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement