15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Brake pads and warped disk brake

Hey guys, just a question, have any of u guys had issues with brake disks and having a warped disk break with any of your q60’s mine is just over a year old and it went for its 1st service in December, I was told that my 2X front disk pads were worn 70% and the 2rears were on 80% and now it seems that my right hand rear disk brake is warped, are these common issues with a 1year old car, surely this can’t be, any help on this would be great, thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:41 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgy25 View Post
have any of u guys had issues with brake disks and having a warped disk break
I've never had a brake disk break, nor a brake disc break

While I haven't had this problem myself, I do know that the 2014 and 2015 Q50s had this problem for sure, they even had a recall. I think Infiniti is probably still using flimsy rotors. I'd press them to replace under warranty.

Active Trace Control can put a lot of wear and tear on your brakes, so if you aren't relying on that feature, you may want to just switch it off.
testrage and DavidDT like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 INFINITI Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD // 2015 INFINITI Q50 Sport AWD // 2003 INFINITI G35 Sport Coupe // 1985 Nissan 300ZX
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coahman View Post
Quote:
have any of u guys had issues with brake disks and having a warped disk break
I've never had a brake disk break, nor a brake disc break [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/images/InfinitiQ60_org/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]

While I haven't had this problem myself, I do know that the 2014 and 2015 Q50s had this problem for sure, they even had a recall. I think Infiniti is probably still using flimsy rotors. I'd press them to replace under warranty.

Active Trace Control can put a lot of wear and tear on your brakes, so if you aren't relying on that feature, you may want to just switch it off.
Thanks for that, I’ll be taking it straight back to Infiniti 1st thing this morning

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Thanks for that, I’ll be taking it straight back to Infiniti 1st thing this morning
Did the dealership perform the first service? You can turn off Active Trace Control in the Personal driving mode. Intuitive Cruise Control also applies the brakes. How many miles are on the car?
testrage likes this.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Pure White / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Garage
@georgy25, the OEM brake rotors are crap and easy warp! There are multiple cases of this happening on the Q50 (and it's been occurring for years now). Infiniti's only response has been to resurface the rotors in most cases and replace the pads (if needed). They usually cover some or all of the cost.

Like Coahman & Bevo, my recommendation is also to switch off Active Trace Control (can only be switched off in the Personal drive mode). In addition, I would recommend going with aftermarket options for the rotors at a minimum. Z1 Performance makes a replacement rotor set that can be drilled/slotted if you want while being lighter than OEM (meaning your car will react quicker to throttle input). They are pretty cost effective as well.

Front rotors - https://www.z1motorsports.com/brakes...rs-p-7025.html

Rear rotors - https://www.z1motorsports.com/brakes...s-p-10990.html

If you want better replacement pads, di_parts (forum vendor) found better pads that we can use that are from Nissan/Infiniti. You can reach out to him via this forum

Hope this helps!
Coahman and di_parts like this.

Red when moderating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I hope we don't see a post that says "whoops, I've got 70% pad remaining on the front and 80% remaining on the rear."

Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem / Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Garage
I'm more concerned that the car is over a year old and just got its first service

Red when moderating
. Every other color when just being any ol' forum member
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrage View Post
I'm more concerned that the car is over a year old and just got its first service
It had the 1st service in December so maybe not all is lost.
testrage likes this.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just returned from Infiniti, my rear brake pads were worn, from 20% at the start of December to nothing today, which damaged my brake disks so that costed me some money, poor quality pads from this company as I don’t drive like Lewis Hamilton
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrage View Post
I'm more concerned that the car is over a year old and just got its first service [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/images/InfinitiQ60_org/smilies/tango_face_plain.png[/IMG]
Just over a year old, it reached a year in December when the service got done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement