Originally Posted by Rhyno_Q60
Doe anyone have any recommendation for all-season tires? I'm all for grip in the summer but swapping tires or wheels in the midwest twice a year is a real PIA.
The current best contenders imo are the Michelin A/S3+ and the Continental DWS06. Both are good tires (I personally switched to the A/S3+ and have had no complaints or issues) but they do focus on slightly different aspects from what I've been able to gather.
MP A/S3+ (Pros/Cons)
- better dry traction
- best in class (from what I've read) handling and steering response
- slightly firmer tire meaning slightly stiffer ride than the Continentals
- depending on wear profile might get a little louder over time
- slightly more expensive but there is a larger tire network (at least here in my area) for warranty support if needed
- better wet and snow traction although the Michelin 3+ has been improved over the original 3 so they might be very close now
- a slightly softer and more pliable ride
- a quieter tire and ride
- slightly better warranty (going by miles driven only)
- cheaper overall to replace if needed
Since I'm in TN and have had a lot of experience with Michelin (MPSS) performance and reliability, I stuck with the Michelins. Additionally, the MPSS I had on my GTR were crazy awesome in the heavy rains we sometimes get here.