Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I’ve had my ‘17 Q60 3.0t for quite some time and i’ve loved it so far! However, lately i started to notice a screeching noise upon hard acceleration. I just hit 73k miles on the car because i drive a lot, so the warranty is no longer in place. The turbos were replaced at around 66k miles under warranty though. I’ve attached a clip of the noise and I would appreciate any help!

Apologies for the orientation of the video, every time i tried uploading it, the orientation would change and i eventually just gave up.

Noise link:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Serpentine belt. I'd replace it sooner rather than later, as a broken belt can do so damage when it breaks.

Some early 2017 Q60s were included in the belt mis-alignment TSB. However, if yours made it to 70k miles, it's likely just worn out.

As preventative maintenance, I replaced my OEM serpentine belt with the Gates equivalent at 25k miles.

Reactions: bigtexan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Serpentine belt. I'd replace it sooner rather than later, as a broken belt can do so damage when it breaks.

Some early 2017 Q60s were included in the belt mis-alignment TSB. However, if yours made it to 70k miles, it's likely just worn out.

As preventative maintenance, I replaced my OEM serpentine belt with the Gates equivalent at 25k miles.
Thanks so much for the insight! I’ll go ahead and try to get the serpentine belt changed as soon as possible. It doesn’t sound like the turbos should be going bad again right? I just had them replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It doesn’t sound like the turbos should be going bad again right? I just had them replaced under warranty.
The belt should screech whether in drive or park. Make note of where the screech occurs, and try to rev the engine to that rpm in park, with the engine warm.

Turbo failure is typically blue smoke, rattling and/or a whistling sound. Turbos typically don't screech when they fail...

Reactions: bigtexan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The belt should screech whether in drive or park. Make note of where the screech occurs, and try to rev the engine to that rpm in park, with the engine warm.

Turbo failure is typically blue smoke, rattling and/or a whistling sound. Turbos typically don't screech when they fail...
I will be sure to try this out tomorrow and see if it screeches while in park. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you replace the belt have the tensioner checked. I replaced recently on my 17 Q60S. 1st time, dealer said was antifreeze on the belt. Week later they replaced it. You will definitely be able to hear it. My first thought was water pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you replace the belt have the tensioner checked. I replaced recently on my 17 Q60S. 1st time, dealer said was antifreeze on the belt. Week later they replaced it. You will definitely be able to hear it. My first thought was water pump.
Thanks! I’ll be sure to let my mechanic know to check the tensioner as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts