Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else received a call from their dealership about the first 1000m mile inspection?? Just received a call and was interested into what they look for (a.k.a can they see if your car has been hooned around?) or inspect the computer of the car?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
There is no factory recommended 1000 mile inspection on the Q60 RS.

·
Registered
430 Posts
My dealer suggested to bring it in as a courtesy to just look everything over and answer questions. Earlier in the forum theire was a discussion as to the first oil change and check up with various people having thoughts. My dealer said 5,000 miles but I was in at 2,000. I learned here in the forum that the first 1,000 - 2,000 miles metal ends up in the oil so good to replace after break-in period.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My dealer suggested to bring it in as a courtesy to just look everything over and answer questions. Earlier in the forum theire was a discussion as to the first oil change and check up with various people having thoughts. My dealer said 5,000 miles but I was in at 2,000. I learned here in the forum that the first 1,000 - 2,000 miles metal ends up in the oil so good to replace after break-in period.
My dealership did the same thing. Basic 27 point insoection.

·
Registered
159 Posts
my buddy at the dealership told they have been telling people to wait to come in till they hit 10 000 miles, as that's what recommended. However, he told me to come in around 6-8 instead as he knows how I've been driving it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I had the oil and filter changed at 1,200 which is the end of the break-in period, but it's still not a factory recommendation. Owner's manual reads 12 months or 10,000 miles (whichever comes first) for first oil/filter change on the RS.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This dealer is fucking brilliant! They're offering you this comp inspection for two reasons (as far as I can guess):

1) because it is a good thing to do from a customer satisfaction perspective - one more chance to make a good impression on you, and it may even happen before you've had a chance to fill out your sales survey

2) because Infiniti is screwing us over. They score dealers on service touch points per year. Minimum expectation is 2x per year. That's nearly impossible to attain if you only need to change oil once per year. I'm guessing that the dealer will use this as touchpoint one, and hope you come in before 365 days to get oil change.

I'd take them up on it. Get a free car wash, get your salesperson (if they're not completely lame) to review some of the features you may not be clear on, and give them good scores on whatever surveys you get. They'll like you, they'll be happy, and at some point down the line when you need something special from them, hopefully they'll remember that you took good care of them (ask hunter91 if this two way street thing pays off).

And no, they don't really give a crap if you're hooning your car. That's between you and the police.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I changed my oil at 400, 800 and 1200 because I was a bit OCD about break in and quite frankly I like doing it. I don't take my car to the dealer for anything other then to let my buddy there check out anything new I've done to it. I CERTAINLY won't let the touch it for a car wash!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I changed my oil at 400, 800 and 1200 because I was a bit OCD about break in and quite frankly I like doing it. I don't take my car to the dealer for anything other then to let my buddy there check out anything new I've done to it. I CERTAINLY won't let the touch it for a car wash!
I had the dealer stamp my maintenance log :p

·
Premium Member
329 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I bet he stamped it good and deep..... wait what?
No, it wasn't one of those VA stamps, thank you Jesus, besides a female stamped it. :laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts